jjmsome

Unremarkable User
The only Skial server I play on is the Doublecross one, which is nothing against the community as a whole, it's just my favorite map, and the Skial server generally has a good amount of people on it, a fair number of my friends play on it regularly, and the pre-existing community there is (for the most part) friendly and chatty.

My problem, as well as a problem of one of my friends who plays on that server regularly (Pillsner, for reference), is that whenever the introduction music plays at the start of a new round set (the dubstep-style song that starts up), it freezes my game unless I can madly click "next" fast enough so that the music doesn't have a chance to start, which I only manage maybe 1 out of every 5 attempts I make at it, since sometimes it plays whether I click quickly or not.

So, essentially, I'm forced to restart TF2 and rejoin the server, losing whatever progress I have at that time, if I want to play on the server for more than a few rounds at a time.

I ran a search related to the keywords "music" and "song" in thread titles to see if I could find anyone else had experienced an issue with this, but nothing came up, so hopefully I'm not just rehashing an old problem. Regardless, I'm not here asking you to remove the music, but asking if there is a way that either a) I can bypass the music indefinitely for the sake of my gameplay experience or b) there is some sort of setting or anything of that sort inside of TF that I need to check on/off to make the music stop crashing my game.

Thanks in advance if you can help, or even if you take a stab at it. (By the way, I did try uninstalling, re-downloading, and re-installing TF2 just to see if maybe my game was corrupted in some fashion and it didn't fix the issue).

JJ

Bottiger

Administrator
Tell him to open the advanced settings and disable HTML MOTDs.

Don't do it if you don't crash though, because we can't pay for the server if everyone starts doing that.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's not a song. It's an ad (Javascript?) that's used to keep the server running. This place runs on ad revenue and donations.
EDIT: Ninja'd so hard.

jjmsome

Unremarkable User
I had already disabled them, thinking that was the problem, but it continued. I'll go enable and re-disable them to see if maybe it didn't apply correctly. Thank you for the super quick responses, and if it doesn't fix it, I'll just deal with it, I suppose. Thanks again.

Edit: Unfortunately, the music still plays regardless of my disabling HTML MOTDs.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN
HARP DARP RANDOM MOUSE
ALREADY HAVE ONE