ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
1. I've never seen people using the blackend style complain about not having enough space for their sig
2. From all the forums regulars you have the biggest/most "flashy" sig, so i'm sure you can make an effort and reduce the size of your sig.

Just my 2 cents. But i hope you get what you want.
Is that enough input?

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I'd would actually like to see a 'extend signature' button just in case people use a massive one
I don't mind anyhow, I just change the size of my pic

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
But i hope you get what you want.
Please no! I wanna see more arguments and drama. I just got to get my popcorn from the microwave and you already give up?!?! Sigh!

-------------------------

First of all, I think the suggestion is okay, although the use is little. I mean I am using default style and I am seeing his sig in full beauty (i guess). Anybody that uses dark style should be aware of those limitations and switch back to the light side of the force.
On an additional note.. Lydia's suggestion to just shrink it is legit, I don't see how anybody got to be so pissed about that. Sheesh. I could have made that very same suggestion, because it is the logical step until a suggestion is approved.

Anyhow. I don't see why the dark-theme-emo-centric-forum-base should not have the same pixel length as those using default so they get my
+1

And take a chill pill.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
1. I've never seen people using the blackend style complain about not having enough space for their sig
2. From all the forums regulars you have the biggest/most "flashy" sig, so i'm sure you can make an effort and reduce the size of your sig.

Just my 2 cents. But i hope you get what you want.
Is that enough input?
You've posted a lot but offered nothing concerning my Suggestion; just your opinions. You didn't even "-1" to make it look like you were doing anything besides ranting. I wanted them to be equal so that all signatures would work on all themes for all users.

https://www.skial.com/threads/signatures-longer-than-250-pixels-now-cut-off.8142/

I think bottiger said he isnt supporting Dark Theme anymore. so what you see is prob what you will get.
I'm still confused as to why they're not the same, especially if Bottiger reduced Signature size after stopping support for Blackend. RIP signatures.

I'd would actually like to see a 'extend signature' button just in case people use a massive one
I don't mind anyhow, I just change the size of my pic
I don't remember what I did wrong to ly_dee but it must have been truly terrible.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I'm still confused as to why they're not the same, especially if Bottiger reduced Signature size after stopping support for Blackend. RIP signatures.
I don't know how this forum works exactly but I do see that the black theme uses a bubble for every post, while the default theme just has a lines to separate the comments. And I think that's the issue. Don't change it please, it looks amazing.
4IG2WMF.png

Then again I don't know much about websites

Last edited:

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I wanted them to be equal so that all signatures would work on all themes for all users.
as opposed to:
It cuts off my beautiful signature :(

Wording. You made that suggestion all about your already big/flashy sig.

You've posted a lot but offered nothing concerning my Suggestion; just your opinions.
Aren't we supposed to give our opinion on suggestions?

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
as opposed to:

Wording. You made that suggestion all about your already big/flashy sig.

Aren't we supposed to give our opinion on suggestions?
I highly doubt that your reply would have been any less egocentric had I let Mother Theresa herself write the suggestion.

Sure, I was talking about my signature, but it only takes about four brain cells to realize that it applies to everyone's signatures, including yours.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I highly doubt that your reply would have been any less egocentric had I let Mother Theresa herself write the suggestion.

Sure, I was talking about my signature, but it only takes about four brain cells to realize that it applies to everyone's signatures, including yours.
It takes more than four, bucko.
-1 Doesn't seem worth the trouble
Just remove I SEXUALLY IDENTIFY AS A «BBQ»
It gives off cancer anyway.

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think I summed up my 'opinion' here, stating thus:

Signatures in moderation
While many forums disable this feature, Skial will allow you to have signatures to make it easier to identify the poster. Be careful not to overdo it with your signature, sometimes people can go too far, an exaggerated example of an excessive signature would be using a large flashing animated picture. It’s not only annoying to other users, but also a waste of load time. Try to keep signatures to a minimum, this gives a more professional look to your posts, and lessens the annoyances to others.

Reactions: Meowrisa

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I use to play around with Xenforo, from what i remember each theme has its own settings. So every change you make on the default has to be made separately on the dark theme. Too much work which is why it really isn't supported.

Reactions: Meowrisa