Thomasx

Unremarkable User
In dr_minecraftland, right at the end, theres "fight mode" where basically the whole team unites to kill hale. But theres a problem: theres healthkits made to heal players, but hale also can heal and bc of that, the round keeps so long and boring. So PLEASE make hale unhealable

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I asked @Lerua and she/he will fix it.

1682111520242.png

james bond

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
In several Deathrun maps, there are minigames where you fight Hale directly. However, due to the new plugin, Hale is able to heal using healthpacks if they happen to appear in the arena, such as in dr_minecraftland, dr_ancientmemes, and dr_breadland. At best, this draws out games since Hale's effective health is higher than normal, and at worst, it makes it an unbeatable battle for RED as Hale can just heal any damage they do to him. It pretty much makes the minigame a death sentence in any map that has healthpacks.

Another related issue is that Hale's max health gets lower as more people die. While this usually means a fairer fight as there are less players, in the event of a respawn, Hale will still have the lowered health while having to deal with many more players than anticipated. This also results in usually one-sided fights as Hale simply doesn't have the health to fight back. To fix this, if a respawn happens, Hale could be healed back to full with his new max health so it can be more fair.

Reactions: Lerua

Sore

VSH plugin then new plugin causes some issues? Wow.

+1
Skial needs their own deathrun mod. Not other crappy deathrun mods.

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
Hale is able to heal using healthpacks if they happen to appear in the arena. ... At best, this draws out games since Hale's effective health is higher than normal, and at worst, it makes it an unbeatable battle for RED as Hale can just heal any damage they do to him.
How much health do health packs give to the activator now? Say he has 2000 health; does picking up a medium pack restore 1000 health? If that is the case then I agree it is bad.

However, if the restored amount is the same as what that class would normally receive (e.g. a Heavy normally has 300 HP, so would receive 150) then I think it is balanced. Health packs in arenas are good for enhancing the gameplay because they draw combatants out from cover, and can be patrolled to deny their use by enemies.
Another related issue is that Hale's max health gets lower as more people die. While this usually means a fairer fight as there are less players, in the event of a respawn, Hale will still have the lowered health while having to deal with many more players than anticipated. This also results in usually one-sided fights as Hale simply doesn't have the health to fight back. To fix this, if a respawn happens, Hale could be healed back to full with his new max health so it can be more fair.
Does this happen any time the runners are respawned? That does sound like a bit of a design flaw. Perhaps the activator(s)' max health and current health should be scaled whenever a player respawns, not just when they die.
VSH plugin then new plugin causes some issues? Wow.

+1
Skial needs their own deathrun mod. Not other crappy deathrun mods.
With anything, there is always a period of adjustment when switching to a different system. Deathrun Neu is a very good deathrun plugin but deathrun maps are all different so it's sometimes not possible to tackle a problem until it happens. It's a lot of work to make a comprehensive deathrun plugin which fits all your needs so it's easier to adapt an existing one. These issues are easy to fix by making small code changes.

The question is what changes should be made. I have advocated for less plugin intrusion for years so that mappers have fewer restrictions, so I favour solutions which target specific maps and which don't interfere with all maps. Mappers can do their own balancing using logic and now VScript. I would look to disable automatic activator health scaling entirely, and look at non-invasive solutions for problematic maps.

Reactions: james bond and Sore

Thomasx

Unremarkable User
ok thanks, but you only talked about the time. Do you think that she/he will fix the healthkits?

james bond

How much health do health packs give to the activator now? Say he has 2000 health; does picking up a medium pack restore 1000 health? If that is the case then I agree it is bad.

However, if the restored amount is the same as what that class would normally receive (e.g. a Heavy normally has 300 HP, so would receive 150) then I think it is balanced. Health packs in arenas are good for enhancing the gameplay because they draw combatants out from cover, and can be patrolled to deny their use by enemies.
Health packs are good in the context of only RED being able to use them. The situation where Hale can heal for half of his HP with a medium health pack is what needs fixing.
Does this happen any time the runners are respawned? That does sound like a bit of a design flaw. Perhaps the activator(s)' max health and current health should be scaled whenever a player respawns, not just when they die.
Yes; any time a respawn happens, Hale's health doesn't get scaled back properly. This effect is stronger the more players are respawned at once, so if a Hale kills most of the server, but then they're respawned, Hale is only left with a sliver of his health left and not healed back up.

Sore

Summary [DR] Fix voteslay in Deathrun

Detailed Explanation
When starting a vote slay and then it slays Hale, however, he did not die. He has still a lot of HP.

Please fix that thanks.
as you can see that we tried to slay a hale that usually gets health packs.
it didn't work.

Thanks!

james bond

Summary [DR] Hale cannot be voteslayed

Detailed Explanation
Currently on Deathrun servers, a successfully passed voteslay has no effect at all on Hale. This only seems to occur after the change to prevent Hale from killbinding was made.

Reactions: Seminal Inhalation