Reporter

Administrator
If bots were truly dealt with, once and for all, would you even return to casual? I don’t think I would.

Now that I’ve been hanging around all sorts of community servers for the past few years, such as Uncletopia, Skial and various others (Not ashamed to admit that I get great ping on Furry Pound) I gotta admit… I don’t really miss casual.

People complain about the “sweaty tryhards of Uncletopia” but that’s honestly my favorite part. People *try.* I *lose,* and get *better* at the game. I’m just about 1700 hours in this game, and I want to improve. I enjoy the lack of commitment that randomly joining these servers gives, but I can always ensure that I’m getting a decent challenge.

And these servers can still be funny! There’s plenty of inherently funny shit in TF2, and I don’t need random crits or “lmao!! Everyone go Sniper, it’ll be so fucking funny!!!!” To get a laugh in this stupid game! Seriously, I fucking hate random crits, those keep me away from casual more than the bots nowadays.

The only upside casual gave me was slightly better connection and ping. I’ll admit I’m a bit privileged in this regard, as living in New England gives me great ping to common community server locations like New York and Montreal, and someone living elsewhere, especially outside the US, may have a harder time.

What do you guys think? Do you miss Casual? Did you even play it at all? There’s so much discourse around how community servers are awful now (mainly because people don’t like fighting gamers who are better than them, but I digress) and how Casual is almost saved forever!! I’m curious to see what you guys think would happen if Casual suddenly did become absolutely, 100% bot and hacker free.

Author: SylveonIsCool123

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/vxi5ag/if_bots_were_truly_dealt_with_once_and_for_all/