• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CSn| CoolCalmYeti

Mildly Menacing Medic
Name :ƃℲƃ-coolCalmyeti
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27383936

http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&page=13 (Link to the page of my block. I'm 3/4 of the way down)

http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=220989 (My HL stats)

(I've linked my Steam to the forums)

The comms block was started at 00:19 on 6/27/13, but I was not playing at that time. If you look at my chat history, http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=220989 and my session history, http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=220989
I was not even playing at the time that I was silenced for racism. If Mittens found racism in my chat log, that could explain why I was silenced, but there is nothing there. This leads me to believe he/she must've muted me via what I said on the mic, but I wasn't playing on the day I supposedly violated the terms, so how does this make sense?
I feel this is a mistake, and my comms block needs to be overturned.

Mittens and I have had problems in the past, and I've taken MASSIVE steps to not be racist/sexist/homophobic or derogatory in any way. Yes, we have our differences and I am a bit hostile towards him/her, but I have not violated any rules deserving of a mute.

CSn| CoolCalmYeti

Mildly Menacing Medic
May I ask which ones?
Or to what was I referring?
Do you have proof?
Any way to back up your story? I know the burden of proof lays with the accused in this case, but I feel like I've backed my case up to this point.
I know of at least 3 other people in the server the last time we played together, and they'll all say this is rubbish.
If you're mad that you're not as good as me, it's ok. You don't have drag the police into it.

PLUS, I wasn't even playing when you muted me.
How was I being racist if I wasn't online?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
PLUS, I wasn't even playing when you muted me.
How was I being racist if I wasn't online?

I'm not a admin so don't take me as one, but leaving a server doesn't instantly mean you can't get punished for something you did. If you were saying racist remarks and a player reports you with proof some time later you can still get punished.

CallMeBubblesDahling

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Do you have any evidence/proof of him doing it? If he did it and there's proof, it's fair to show it to him.

How did he do it if he wasn't online? If it was from earlier then there should be a demo of him doing it?

CSn| CoolCalmYeti

Mildly Menacing Medic
I could see the month ban if I had actually violated, but I didn't.
It's been 2 months since any problem has arisen with me, and it's not because of lack of playing time.
I frequent skial servers, with most of the people I play having positive feedback. This is a competitive game, and people talk stuff/have egos, I understand that.
This is me being singled out for having some beef with an admin, and I think it's ridiculous.

The dodging ban is laughable. You muted me for no reason, 4 months ago, and I responded. I wasn't trying to avoid any rules, more like expressing my frustration at feeling singled out for no reason.

CallMeBubblesDahling

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
So no demo/proof then? If he wasn't playing when the silence was handed down then there should be a demo as you wouldn't have been able to act as first person witness to it. Just saying "you used racial slurs over mic" doesn't explain anything. You can't just silence someone for something you heard they did from someone else with no hard evidence. If you have proof, it's relevant to post as he's shown that he wasn't playing when you silenced him. He should have access to the evidence against him, especially if he's provided evidence indicating more explanation than 'you used racial slurs over mic" is warranted. He's asking for specifics, and you Mittens, should provide them as this does look iffy on your part.

CSn| CoolCalmYeti

Mildly Menacing Medic
The ban is not the issue here. I got it, deserving of it or not, I got the ban. Not trying to make excuses for that.
The issue here is the month long mute for something I didn't do. There is no proof to back any of this up.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I don't see why I need to provide evidence when other admins are not required to in similar circumstances.

Here is a good recent example:
http://www.skial.com/threads/muted-by-aister-i-think-for-no-reason.39181/
http://www.skial.com/threads/astir.39522/

There is no demo in that case even though the offender demands "proof".

I heard racial slurs over mic from CoolCalmYeti. You don't have to be connected to a server to be muted. I issued it via web.

No one is asking for a demo or saying we need to prove it. Just an explanation of how you heard it without being in the server within hours of the incident.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I heard it in game and then muted him later. I don't see why that is a problem either.

CSn| CoolCalmYeti

Mildly Menacing Medic
Any time you've felt the need to inflict 'punishment' on myself for my various 'violations', you've done so immediately. With extreme prejudice.

Why wait this time?

I honestly believe I got muted because of how many times I had killed you in this particular session. We've obviously had beef in the past, and I was pretty rough on you. I've got screenshots of the server and dominations, ask the people that were there. There are some easily recognizable names in there, why not allow me to call some witnesses? They're not friends of mine by any means, and might not even like me, but they'll vouch I wasn't being racist.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mittens isn't one to mute or ban over petty game play altercations, he was most likely busy at the time.

CSn| CoolCalmYeti

Mildly Menacing Medic
You're kidding, right?
There's a whole group dedicated to the fact that this guy bans/mutes over nonsense.
It's a point of pride for him

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I heard it in game and then muted him later. I don't see why that is a problem either.

It's not a problem for me at all, just thought the guy with 40 days of play time on skial deserved an answer to his questions when he appealed.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't ban people because they killed me in a pub... and if that were the case then I would have just banned you instead of muting you.

I'm not sure why you think you are that important.

CSn| CoolCalmYeti

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm not anyone. I'm not important, or 'entitled' or anything.

I just hate to see people abusing the teeny tiny bit of power they get entrusted with.

If I do the crime, I'll accept doing the time. Simple as that. I haven't appealed in the past because I wasn't familiar with the rules and I believe not being informed is not an excuse to do things that are inappropriate.

This is different. I know for a fact that I didn't violate any rules here. I wasn't being racist at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.