• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Davemeister

Mildly Menacing Medic
It has come to my unfortunate conclusion that recently there has been multiple griefing incidents occuring with players intentionally killing teammates on the map dr_bearun_b3_skial_fix on the server DEATH RUN | US
involving disappearing platform traps. This makes the map frustrating to play as the trap is near the beginning of the map and thus people dont get to experience the map because a couple of jerks want to ruin the fun for others by getting them killed. The map is also frequently played so its been a common occurrance over the past few days. Now, I don't know if this needs a thread or deserves one, but I need extra help solving this problem as the !votemenu system requires a majority vote. I've tried doing votemenu and just not enough people care to do anything about it. If this gets attention I'd greatly appreciate it, as I want to make this server as fun as possible for EVERYONE. Thanks, and have a nice day.

Last edited:

CallumDeGr8

Uncharitable Spy
Yeah, I see this happen all the time but I don't think it would be good to punish a large group of people for griefing when you can play another round in a few minutes or most likely less, obviously if this consists try to show some evidence such as their steam ID's and some screenshots and they might think of something to do about the small minority involved. Obviously I'm no admin or anything but this is most likely going to be the case. I hope this helps :yum:

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I can see there's a lot of backlash from what SaltySalt said, but it's the truth. There's literally never admins on deathrun servers. They only go on the 2fort idle servers and shit like that. You can give me the "dumb" and "troll" rating all you want, but I have spent 400 hours on deathrun and I have seen an admin like 5 times.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Reactions: CallumDeGr8

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

There is literally a report section of this website to report these kinds of problems.

https://www.skial.com/forums/reports.38/

If an admin is available when your report goes through they will come to the server to respond and take any needed action. You can also collect evidence yourself and an admin can take action without having to join the server. Here is a handy thread detailing how to collect evidence.

https://www.skial.com/threads/collecting-evidence-in-tf2.47782/

Well I mean, it's not normal to have 400+ hours in deathrun and being able to count on one hand how many times you have seen an admin.

Davemeister

Mildly Menacing Medic
I’ll keep all of this in mind, but for now, I don’t know, I guess that’s just what the server is. If I get evidence then I might do something about it. But from what I’ve seen from this thread, I don’t think anything will fix this permanently, nor do I think anyone really cares. Thought maybe posting this as it’s own thread would get more attention so more people could become aware of this. Damn shame.

Last edited:

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

I’ll keep all of this in mind, but for now, I don’t know, I guess that’s just what the server is. If I get evidence then I might do something about it. But from what I’ve seen from this thread, I don’t think anything will fix this permanently, nor do I think anyone really cares. Thought maybe posting this as it’s own thread would get more attention so more people could become aware of this. Damn shame.

What would the solution to this problem be? Having a plugin that instantly bans somebody for 30 minutes when they jump back to the last platform? Removing the platforms altogether?

Sakiko

Contributor
I am on the server quite often and you whine and complain about everything while i am observing or gossiping about a admin so we can't ban these offenders.

When we catch them they are banned for anything but demo and reports and they will get the ban hammer.

As for fixing the maps @Pedro the fabulous and @Cream Tea are our mappers and there is a list of maps to be fixed going back 5 months now unless you have someone that can do maps and fix them we are waiting on them 2

I have also added bearun to the list with a request for a kill wall or wall to prevent back jumping on the platforms

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

I am on the server quite often and you whine and complain about everything while i am observing or gossiping about a admin so we can't ban these offenders.

When we catch them they are banned for anything but demo and reports and they will get the ban hammer.

As for fixing the maps @Pedro the fabulous and @Cream Tea are our mappers and there is a list of maps to be fixed going back 5 months now unless you have someone that can do maps and fix them we are waiting on them 2

I have also added bearun to the list with a request for a kill wall or wall to prevent back jumping on the platforms

lol you're never on the deathrun servers, dont even lie

CallumDeGr8

Uncharitable Spy
lol you're never on the deathrun servers, dont even lie
Sorry to tell you but I saw her in a server basically 20 minutes ago when I was hopping around servers looking for hackers and spammers, she might not have been in deathrun, but she is present. A simple call for an admin, and she might have been available to sort this out. Even if she didn't appear, I'm sure another admin would have joined. But without any reports for the exact time this occurred, or who the people involved were, nothing can really be done about it.

Last edited:

Davemeister

Mildly Menacing Medic

⬆️ This is really all I needed. The last thing I wanted to do was make a ruckus, but this satisfies me now. Knowing that there might be something that fixes it without having to ban people makes what I asked out of this somewhat accomplished, I just have to wait, which is fine. Again, I did NOT want to make this a big deal, all I wanted to do was stop it before it got out of control. For all I care, this thread can be deleted (if that’s a thing here).

Reactions: CallumDeGr8