Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
If it speeds up HTML5 streaming development then I'm all for it.

But for now, Hitbox.tv happens to have a lot less lag for better interaction between players and watchers.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If it speeds up HTML5 streaming development then I'm all for it.

But for now, Hitbox.tv happens to have a lot less lag for better interaction between players and watchers.
Yeah, I noticed that when I joined a chat and said hey and got a near instant response, instead of the 30-45 second delay that twitch would've had

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Darn it Zebra, ya beat me too it. Was watching Ma3la_'s stream the other day and that was the topic for a good hour of the stream. Everyone in chat was saying "inb4 you need a google+ acc to use Twitch". Which I don't mind as I already use it for my Youtube but still, just because I use it, doesn't mean I like it, the old Youtube was far better than this garbage.

infernoHD

Uncharitable Spy
tLEQA39.png

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
does that mean the audio muting on the past broadcasts is going away?
Unfortunately no, because it was a policy implented by Twitch itself, not by YouTube/Google.

They're doing it simply because of the fact that they don't want record labels on their ass. If you want unmute a VOD, try this: https://gist.github.com/TomasDuda/2ef2eaba7c681dae0250 or I hear exporting to YouTube makes them unmuted.

Also blame Metallica for these bs copyright policies.

Reactions: 111111

Bottiger

Administrator
(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜᴇy ᴍᴀy ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴜʀ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇy ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴅᴏᴍ(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

ᴩʟs ɴᴏ ᴄᴏᴩy ᴩᴀsᴛᴇʀɪɴᴏ

Reactions: Truth Seeker