Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Yeah, yeah, I post in this forum too much, but I need a new fucking computer.

Asus ATX Motherboard 2600 Socket 1155 - Motherboard
NVidia GeForce GTX 650 TI 1GB - GPU
Intel Core i3 1155 Socket - CPU
Seagate Barracuda 500GB - HDD
Cooler Master Xornet - Mouse
Razer Arctosa - Keyboard
Acer S1 20" 1600x900 Rez - Monitor
Windows 7 64-bit - OS
Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid Tower - Case
Cooler Master eXtreme 500 watt - Power Supply

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Expensive motherboard for a midrange system. Screen resolution is a little odd for a modern build. Probably not the best case.

Save on the motherboard, upgrade to an i5-2500k. Modern build I'd recommend an SSD as well, but that's entirely up to you. I'd go with a different monitor if you don't already own it. Cooler Master 922 for midtower would be my recommendation. You left off ram, not sure if you're aware of that, also left out a powersupply.

Reactions: Karmic

Morbuzka

Expensive motherboard for a midrange system. Screen resolution is a little odd for a modern build. Probably not the best case.

Save on the motherboard, upgrade to an i5-2500k. Modern build I'd recommend an SSD as well, but that's entirely up to you. I'd go with a different monitor if you don't already own it. Cooler Master 922 for midtower would be my recommendation. You left off ram, not sure if you're aware of that, also left out a powersupply.
Left out RAM because I already have a supply of it. Power supply, forgot that. Recommend to me a good Motherboard, I might upgrade to i5 if I save enough on motherboard, personal preference. I don't exactly have $1000 to spend.
Also, I need good tips on grounding myself.
Monitor is proportional to what I have now, 1366x768.
Also, trying to get things that don't really have to be delivered to me. I enjoy being able to walk to Best Buy myself and shave off $20+ on shipping.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Left out RAM because I already have a supply of it. Power supply, forgot that. Recommend to me a good Motherboard, I might upgrade to i5 if I save enough on motherboard, personal preference. I don't exactly have $1000 to spend.
Also, I need good tips on grounding myself.
Monitor is proportional to what I have now, 1366x768.
Also, trying to get things that don't really have to be delivered to me. I enjoy being able to walk to Best Buy myself and shave off $20+ on shipping.
BestBuy marks up and their selection sucks, getting stuff shipped would probably be cheaper. I'll work on a list in just a sec.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Is this your first build? I agree with Oaky on the mobo.. It was overkill for the build. Going to need a psu over 400w for that card. What type of ram do you have?
Check newegg for better prices and you can get items with free shipping or rebates.

Morbuzka

Is this your first build? I agree with Oaky on the mobo.. It was overkill for the build. Going to need a psu over 400w for that card. What type of ram do you have?
Check newegg for better prices and you can get items with free shipping or rebates.
Yeah, first build. Wasn't sure about how to balance mobo. Since Oaky is making a list, not sure about RAM. I don't know what the fuck a rebate is unless it is instant

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah, first build. Wasn't sure about how to balance mobo. Since Oaky is making a list, not sure about RAM. I don't know what the fuck a rebate is unless it is instant

Oaky will hook you up. :-) Have to match up ram speed with the mobo.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Forgot about the Ivy chip when I said 2500k, used the ivy chip instead.

Case - CM 922
HDD - WD Blue Single Platter
GFX - EVGA 650
PSU - SeaSonic M12II
RAM - Mushkin Enhanced Blacline 8gB
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
CPU - Intel i5-3570k

Didn't include a monitor, if you have your own ram just ignore that. I love coolermaster for cases, though I might be able to find some other recommendations if you'd prefer something else.

HDD, I'm a WD fanboy, great drive though.

PSU, great manufacturer, very solid components. Wattage is more than you need, but that's a great price and it leaves room for any future upgrades.

RAM, I love mushkin, I've got the same modules in my computer at a higher capacity. Feel free to substitute it for a value brand if you so wish. (Fairly cheap already though)

MOBO, great board, solid components, good price. Should be great for OCing if you ever have any interest in doing so.

Here's a shot of the cart, couple of rebates, a gift card, and a magazine subscription. I don't include the rebates when I'm shopping for prices, but I usually fill them out for shits and giggles.

http://i.imgur.com/ctEPg.png

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah, I've had a good experience with EVGA. Not sure about the stock cooler, but most people deal with it.

Intel's stock coolers are generally okay. He most likely isn't going to overclock, so no need for a aftermarket cooler imo.

Toxik

Contributor
Incoming shitstorm, but I do not recommend Razer.
I do have one, but there's always problems with the drivers and customizers, it's what kept making my "new" computer crash.

Also, how much are you willing to spend?
I have a pretty badass computer build in my Newegg cart for a bit under $1k

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Intel's stock coolers are generally okay. He most likely isn't going to overclock, so no need for a aftermarket cooler imo.
I meant the cooler on the 600 series, I know it was loud on my 470. The stock coolers for the newer intel chips are actually half decent, certainly not the best, but passable.

Incoming shitstorm, but I do not recommend Razer.
I do have one, but there's always problems with the drivers and customizers, it's what kept making my "new" computer crash.
My mouse is a razer deathadder, I've had no issues.

Morbuzka

Well, Oaky. I added it all to the cart and totalled $862.91, shipping included. I better be getting some crazy fucking FPSs when I play Source games.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, Oaky. I added it all to the cart and totalled $862.91, shipping included. I better be getting some crazy fucking FPSs when I play Source games.
You could save money by shaving off a few dollars here and there, cheaper case, cheaper mobo, cheaper processor, etc. That's a solid build though, it'll last you for a good while. Every so often you'll need to update the video card, that's about it.

If you're looking for a cheaper build I can try to throw something together that's still decent. (Later though, I'm going to sleep now)

Morbuzka

You could save money by shaving off a few dollars here and there, cheaper case, cheaper mobo, cheaper processor, etc. That's a solid build though, it'll last you for a good while. Every so often you'll need to update the video card, that's about it.

If you're looking for a cheaper build I can try to throw something together that's still decent. (Later though, I'm going to sleep now)
See if you could throw something together a bit cheaper. I don't think I will be getting 800 bucks until the following B-day after my next B-day. :\

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
See if you could throw something together a bit cheaper. I don't think I will be getting 800 bucks until the following B-day after my next B-day. :\
Exact price range? 600$ is about as low as I'll go, I hate trying to put stuff together for less. Quality will be lower, probably less future-proof.