Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I have made many threads on this topic but Bottiger sees fit to keep us at the same unpaid level as players.

I have been playing most of today as I am COVID positive and no longer symptomatic I have a lot of time today after being bedridden for 8 days (literally). On my return to my favourite game, I am hit with something that has always been a problem to me.

I refuse to donate anymore to Skial because I have tried to improve this place but Bottiger refuses to listen to anything unless your name is Jermaphobe. So I simply stopped donating, but I still put my free time in to this place administrating, handling admin apps, player reports and ban appeals as often as I see them pop up. I don't have as much free time as other admins here, but I still claim what I can when I can.

One little thing I ask which is breaking my game recently, isn't to pay us volunteers, that'd be impossible and frankly I wouldn't want it. But, give us autobalance immunity. You've rejected this before citing that we have !swap, which instantly swaps us teams. However, this is becoming a regular theme in my game play. I used to use /swap, but it doesn't record them in chatlogs, so now I will use !swap so we have a record on how often my game play is being affected by autobalance.

Today ALONE
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:39:25 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:38:15 PM Xantam ☭ [Team] !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:36:57 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:35:34 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:33:41 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:32:02 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:31:08 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:29:33 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:28:04 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:24:39 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:23:22 PM Xantam ☭ !swap

I have now given up trying to play as I cannot play on my team with my regulars.

Now you might ask, why am I placing my self above players who are also being balanced? Well, I am not. I am simply asking for one little thing as a sort of payment for what I do for Skial and what I continue to do for Skial.

I main engineer, meaning I build my nest usually in the sewers (I am a sewer rat, you got me!). It's unreasonable and not feasible to expect me, and others who are the same, to play knowing we'll just get balanced.

I know you'll reject this, but please give me a reason why before you do.

IF.player-name="Xantam"
autobalance=true
interval=30second

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
That can't be true... I've spent a good while trying to connect to a server to investigate a report, spamming "connect <ip>" to be denied entry. Unless the admins don't get that kind of priority I guess?

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
That can't be true... I've spent a good while trying to connect to a server to investigate a report, spamming "connect <ip>" to be denied entry. Unless the admins don't get that kind of priority I guess?
If someone is already occupying the 33rd slot, it will take a minute to kick the next person.