Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I have made many threads on this topic but Bottiger sees fit to keep us at the same unpaid level as players.

I have been playing most of today as I am COVID positive and no longer symptomatic I have a lot of time today after being bedridden for 8 days (literally). On my return to my favourite game, I am hit with something that has always been a problem to me.

I refuse to donate anymore to Skial because I have tried to improve this place but Bottiger refuses to listen to anything unless your name is Jermaphobe. So I simply stopped donating, but I still put my free time in to this place administrating, handling admin apps, player reports and ban appeals as often as I see them pop up. I don't have as much free time as other admins here, but I still claim what I can when I can.

One little thing I ask which is breaking my game recently, isn't to pay us volunteers, that'd be impossible and frankly I wouldn't want it. But, give us autobalance immunity. You've rejected this before citing that we have !swap, which instantly swaps us teams. However, this is becoming a regular theme in my game play. I used to use /swap, but it doesn't record them in chatlogs, so now I will use !swap so we have a record on how often my game play is being affected by autobalance.

Today ALONE
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:39:25 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:38:15 PM Xantam ☭ [Team] !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:36:57 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:35:34 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:33:41 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:32:02 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:31:08 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:29:33 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:28:04 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:24:39 PM Xantam ☭ !swap
2FORT+ | EU █████ 02/20/2021 - 09:23:22 PM Xantam ☭ !swap

I have now given up trying to play as I cannot play on my team with my regulars.

Now you might ask, why am I placing my self above players who are also being balanced? Well, I am not. I am simply asking for one little thing as a sort of payment for what I do for Skial and what I continue to do for Skial.

I main engineer, meaning I build my nest usually in the sewers (I am a sewer rat, you got me!). It's unreasonable and not feasible to expect me, and others who are the same, to play knowing we'll just get balanced.

I know you'll reject this, but please give me a reason why before you do.

IF.player-name="Xantam"
autobalance=true
interval=30second

Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
What would be the point in this, just to point out who gives Skial money and those who don't? You can donate to Skial, receive benefits, and still have admin. They're separate

So if an admin becomes a donator, what is the monthly donation amount versus a normal donator amount? How cheap are people being here?

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If an admin wanted to become a donator for autobalance protection, what would be the minimum cost they would need to pay to get that and would it be different compared to if a regular player wanted to donate?
it’s the same amount and you can see the dollar/day rates on the donate page

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
If an admin wanted to become a donator for autobalance protection, what would be the minimum cost they would need to pay to get that and would it be different compared to if a regular player wanted to donate?
You can't donate for a specific perk, donating gives you all of them the benefits last depending on how much you donate, its the same for every user, admin and non-admin

it’s the same amount and you can see the dollar/day rates on the donate page
What this guy said

Reactions: Zeke Aileron

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
they are partially the reason why skial still exists ungrateful ****
Why would you call me ungrateful? I spent years as an admin and a mod here, never asked for a single thing, never expected a single thing. I volunteered my time to help out because I like the servers and felt I was giving something to the community, also if I'm honest, at the time I probably thought it made my epeen look big.
Being admin has loads of perks, I mean go look at @Blade D_Hero, being admin/mod gets him all the bitches.. and look at Jerma, he gets to play Nero on a daily basis.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Why would you call me ungrateful? I spent years as an admin and a mod here, never asked for a single thing, never expected a single thing. I volunteered my time to help out because I like the servers and felt I was giving something to the community, also if I'm honest, at the time I probably thought it made my epeen look big.
Being admin has loads of perks, I mean go look at @Blade D_Hero, being admin/mod gets him all the bitches.. and look at Jerma, he gets to play Nero on a daily basis.
it looks very big from here bro

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Being a mod doesn’t get me copious amounts of woman

having a large penis does

however, I have a large penis because I ban teenagers off a decade old game

shit, he has a point

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
What would be the point in this, just to point out who gives Skial money and those who don't? You can donate to Skial, receive benefits, and still have admin. They're separate
Oh wait wasn't the point of the thread is that he donates but can't receive donator benefits because he's an admin?

Or is it that he doesn't want to donate and still get the benefits?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Oh wait wasn't the point of the thread is that he donates but can't receive donator benefits because he's an admin?

Or is it that he doesn't want to donate and still get the benefits?
More of the latter. He wants admins to have autobalance immunity without having to donate. If you donate and you’re an admin, you get the same benefits a donator does (which includes autobalance immunity).

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I just purchased Xantam 2 months of donator. It's no biggie. You shouldn't get auto balanced then.

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I just purchased Xantam 2 months of donator. It's no biggie. You shouldn't get auto balanced then.

Oh I thought I was the only one that gifted Xantam donor when I read through this thread...

Anyways I gifted Xantam 360 days of donator, cause from the previous TF2 community I was a part of Admins had both benefits, but I can understand why the donation money is needed for Skial and its server upkeep.

Hopefully this helps you out Xantam. :smiley:

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Admins already get swap and reserved slots, they also get the ability to kick/ban/mute whenever they want which is a unique benefit that donators don't get. They also have access to noclip.

It can be argued that autobalance immunity could be included, but I think for now, what we have is fair compensation for the amount of work our admins are expected to do. You only need to do 1 report a month. The vast majority of cheaters are already handled automatically, and the rest are just friendly/micspam/racism reports that are easy to deal with. There are about 10 reports per day for like 20 admins, and there is no pressure to even resolve them in a timely manner.

I know some of our admins do way more than others and probably should be compensated more, but I haven't had time to make a better system to track and incentivize admin activity. There are too many other things to be done as you can see from the vast number of suggestions.