Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
So currently I absolutely suck at CS:S. I know some extremely basic things (controls, crouching gives better aim) but can someone tell me things like what guns I should try using? I heard pistols are good (been using Night Hawk when doing them) but ya... Anyone got a pro tip?

Sir Reddington

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Learn bunny hopping to get around maps faster. (take a while to master it)
Hold shift while walking to walk slower, increasing accuracy.

Photek

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
start playing in deathmatch servers, it does help with your aiming. get headphones they'll help you figure out ur opponents location

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Here's the standard gear that my brother uses (he plays in CEVO main+)
AK-47, deag, 2 flashbangs, 1 smoke, 1 nade, kevlar and helmet, difusal kit etc

Basically just switch the AK with m4 if your on CT or awp if you have to

If you don't got enough money just buy the deag + 1 flash and 1 nade

Oh and if an enemy is far away don't spray do short bursts

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
start playing in deathmatch servers, it does help with your aiming. get headphones they'll help you figure out ur opponents location

I got earbuds that work great. Plus I'll look for DM servers. Only been doing some kind of match where someone sets a bomb? Or something about hostages (Yes, I'm a newb.)

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
I got earbuds that work great. Plus I'll look for DM servers. Only been doing some kind of match where someone sets a bomb? Or something about hostages (Yes, I'm a newb.)
Ear buds might seem good but surround sound phones make a huge difference. I have the astro a40s and I can literally tell where some one is from across the map. All cs is though is point and shoot. Don't run in like a crazy guy just go around corners slow stay with team and most important learn the maps

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Easy advice ->Use AWP. Everyone will eventually get pissed that you are using it and switch to AWP.

Better Advice ->Play Gun Game. Find a weapon you really connect with. Also, stay out of War3 servers unless you wanna get steamrolled by regs.

VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Learn bunny hopping to get around maps faster. (take a while to master it).
you can't bunnyhop in go unless you're on a server that allows console commands:
SV_STAMINAJUMPCOST 0 &
SV_STAMINALANDCOST 0
and even then it's not much faster then running with a knife.

Sir Reddington

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
you can't bunnyhop in go unless you're on a server that allows console commands:
SV_STAMINAJUMPCOST 0 &
SV_STAMINALANDCOST 0
and even then it's not much faster then running with a knife.

That's only in CSGO. In CSS, bhopping is completely different from running with a knife.

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Thanks for tips guys :) I watched some vids and have been practicing and recently got up to 107:42 on a server.

Photek

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
2012-11-20_00001.jpg

pew pew