Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
  1. Follow the Warden's instructions
  2. Randomly killing prisoners = Freekilling = Ban
  3. Guards can kill you if threaten or don't follow their instructions.
  4. Ghosting (revealing player's locations while dead) is NOT allowed.
  5. Freeday does NOT mean armory unless Warden says so.

1. Follow the Warden's instructions
    2. Randomly killing prisoners = Freekilling = Ban
    3. Guards can kill you if threaten or don't follow their instructions.
    4. Ghosting (revealing player's locations while dead) is NOT allowed.
    5. Freeday does NOT mean armory unless Warden says so.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I beleive that it should become the guards responsibility to give orders when the warden dies.
I believe so too, but it still leaves so much room for bitching.

"BUT THIS GUARD TOLD ME TO DO THIS WHY DID YOU KILL ME"
"You didn't listen to me."
"BUT I LISTENED TO HIM"

I think a second warden should be elected by the remaining guards or named by the deceased warden at least. Otherwise, it's not too absurd to assume a freeday, even if it is annoying.

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
I believe so too, but it still leaves so much room for bitching.

"BUT THIS GUARD TOLD ME TO DO THIS WHY DID YOU KILL ME"
"You didn't listen to me."
"BUT I LISTENED TO HIM"

I think a second warden should be elected by the remaining guards or named by the deceased warden at least. Otherwise, it's not too absurd to assume a freeday, even if it is annoying.

Like a Co-Warden/Assistant Warden.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
No, because how is the next in charge decided?

If a warden dies, it should just go to freeday. That is the least amount of headache.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper

"I didn't hear what he said"
"I didn't see that he appointed someone"
"I got freekilled for not paying attention and following the appointed person's orders"

The only way this would work if the Plugin gave the person next in line /csay priviledges, else it'll lead to a bickering / contesting / not listening.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
"I didn't hear what he said"
"I didn't see that he appointed someone"
"I got freekilled for not paying attention and following the appointed person's orders"

The only way this would work if the Plugin gave the person next in line /csay priviledges, else it'll lead to a bickering / contesting / not listening.
Not sure how that'd work, either. Though if that could happen, it'd be great for people who want to be guards but not warden. They could just pass it on to someone else.

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator

The plugin could give the person /dsay privilages (or whatever command makes your name green in chat) for only when they are on the position of being second in charge.

Example Being: [ALL] Assistant: The warden is dead, so here is my order.

The green tag in chat is noticeable, which could elimnate the problem of "I didn't notice his/her message", "I didn't notice his/her message"

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
The plugin could give the person /dsay privilages (or whatever command makes your name green in chat) for only when they are on the position of being second in charge.

Example Being: [ALL] Assistant: The warden is dead, so here is my order.
That is an excellent idea, except it should be like /dsay [orange], so as to differentiate the assistant from a blue donator.

Reactions: WeightedStorageCube

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
If such feature were to be implemented where assistant wardens assist when a warden dies, there would probably need to be additional guidelines showing up at the beginning of each round.

That is an excellent idea, except it should be like /dsay [orange], so as to differentiate the assistant from a blue donator.

Like This?
[ALL] Assistant: The warden is dead, so here is my order.

Reactions: LadyPimpernel

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
If such feature were to be implemented where assistant wardens assist when a warden dies, there would probably need to be additional guidelines showing up at the beginning of each round.

Like This?
[ALL] Assistant: The warden is dead, so here is my order.
Yeah, that's perfect. It'd take a bit to get used to on Jailbreak, but I think it'd work out very well.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Other servers have plugins that just pass along the wardenship. Or, yeah, have the guards deliver orders, which they should already be doing.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Apparently people are dumb enough that I need to say this, the warden can't order the guards to kill people for no reason. This is still freekilling.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Why? It's usually a freeday after the warden dies.
I don't know about doing /timebomb @all, but usually after a warden dies it goes to freeday, and thus takes forever until the next round.