[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not a bad deal. Zeebs was practically jizzing his pants before when he told me about this on Steam before.

jizzinmypants.gif

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but Ti cards suck :( My GTX460 with 2GB of memory and 1000MHz of clocking speed still beats it up.
On the other hand, the price is really cool.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but Ti cards suck :( My GTX460 with 2GB of memory and 1000MHz of clocking speed still beats it up.
On the other hand, the price is really cool.
That's not true. The 560Ti is comparable to a 470, the 470 wins out in VRAM a bit though.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1. We are talking about 550.
2. Would you please explain why GTX 460 is $20 more than 550 Ti? (550Ti vs GTX460 price).
3. I'd recommend benchmark tests comparison. Don't make me google it for ya.

PS. Just as a side note. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314869-33-tomshardware
Do you still want to compare 460 to 550Ti?

Sorry, I must have misread your post. I was pretty sure it said "Ti cards suck", not "The 550Ti sucks".

The 550 isn't that great of a card, but it's not supposed to be. It was targeted for OEMs, hence the poor p/p. They don't care about it's performance, they care that it's cheaper.

Btw, that one was 100$ with MIR, which is a good deal. That 5970 for 300$ is not bad either.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sorry, I must have misread your post. I was pretty sure it said "Ti cards suck", not "The 550Ti sucks". The 550 isn't that great of a card, but it's not supposed to be. It was targeted for OEMs, hence the poor p/p. They don't care about it's performance, they care that it's cheaper. Btw, that one was 100$ with MIR, which is a good deal. That 5970 for 300$ is not bad either.
Have to agree with you on "OEM" part. I also have to apologize for not putting 550 in addition to "Ti cards" in my initial post. I believe that's where all confusion is coming from :)

PS. I still think that Ti cards are kind of cut version of GTX cards :)

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Have to agree with you on "OEM" part. I also have to apologize for not putting 550 in addition to "Ti cards" in my initial post. I believe that's where all confusion is coming from :)

Ofc they are.

You have any plans to add one or two more of those 460s to your build? That extra vram would be great for surround.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ofc they are. You have any plans to add one or two more of those 460s to your build? That extra vram would be great for surround.
I'm running 460 from PNY and I'm happy with it. I was planning on spending couple more bucks this Thanksgiving for buying 560 - but I stepped back. I ended up with buying 27" LED. I don't have much time for gaming nowadays anyway, but I need dual-monitors since I work from home a lot managing Citrix farms.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Well, I have a GTX 560 Ti, which is better than the GTX 560 (without the Ti suffix). I don't think your Ti argument is valid.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, I have a GTX 560 Ti, which is better than the GTX 560 (without the Ti suffix). I don't think your Ti argument is valid.
Again, this conversation is about 550Ti. Talking about 560Ti, please read the following review, where it says "For most intents and purposes, the GTX 560 Ti is a down-the-line update of the GTX 460 and GTX 465 low-end-enthusiast cards" from the second paragraph. I hope you won't doubt the credibility of PCmag?
Thank you.

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
GTX 550 ti is not a very good card at all. Especially at this price. I just bought a 460 GTX for $100 like a month ago, and another before that for $120.

Radeon 6850 for $100 is a nice deal though.

If you ever have any questions on where graphics card rank it's best to consult a chart.

http://www.overclock.net/t/502403/graphics-card-ranking-5th-time-and-last-updated-daily

I'd personally recommend GTX 460s as the best bang for your buck card now. If you are gaming at 1080p resolution you don't need anything more. SLI two of these together and you will have better results than a single 580 at more than double the cost.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
I just brought a 550 Ti
:(

EDIT:
NEED ADVICE, i can still change my order (due to HDD storage shit) i've got £110 max ($170) would like to go lower. What would you guys recommend, i've googled it all trust me but all i need is someone just to give me an answer. Need to run BF3.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I just brought a 550 Ti
:(

EDIT:
NEED ADVICE, i can still change my order (due to HDD storage shit) i've got £110 max ($170) would like to go lower. What would you guys recommend, i've googled it all trust me but all i need is someone just to give me an answer. Need to run BF3.

You won't be running it on ultra, but you should be able to run it with decent settings.

Reactions: Dragon Ninja