ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
TL;DR Trying to share internet connection over ethernet, one computer to another. Is there a program I can use to do it?
EDIT: Say ICS and I'll kick you in the dick.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
just a pro tip
telling you to use ICS isnt trolling so stop reporting people

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
just a pro tip
telling you to use ICS isnt trolling so stop reporting people
It is if I'm looking for alternatives, which is what I've been asking for the entire time. I'd rather not spend another two hours on something that's been proven useless for this.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ICS is the only way to get your connection to share on Windows machines. Check the device you're trying to get Internet on to see if it's getting assigned an IP address. If it's not you might have to manually set an IP address, dns servers, and gateway depending on your network setup.

Also, you can't share from the same interface.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
It is if I'm looking for alternatives, which is what I've been asking for the entire time. I'd rather not spend another two hours on something that's been proven useless for this.
Talk to zeebs about that " trolling" He will ban for anything

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ICS is the only way to get your connection to share on Windows machines. Check the device you're trying to get Internet on to see if it's getting assigned an IP address. If it's not you might have to manually set an IP address, dns servers, and gateway depending on your network setup.

Also, you can't share from the same interface.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You need to have 2 NICs to get ICS working correctly. Do you have 2? If not, you're going to have a real hard time.
Well is just needs to be coming out different interfaces. Usually the case with ICS is that you're sharing WiFi with a device that doesn't have it. So you're hardwired on one end and are sharing the WiFi connection.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Did you try bridging?

Bridge your wireless adaptor with your ethernet adapter, plug the computer you want to share with into the ethernet port of the computer you're trying to share from.

If both devices have wifi you could just create an ad-hoc network and connect the other laptop to it.