Yeah I installed bittorrent to get the 3.3.5a patch for wow and the moment I download it I get blasted with a virus from it 1 is WinZip Registry Optimizer I tried getting rid off it with these steps
1) Restart your computer. As your computer restarts, but before Windows launches, tap F8 to get the Windows Advanced Option Menu
*When you get the Option Menu, use the arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking"
*Then hit enter

2) Log in

3) Launch Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DELETE and select Task Manager)

4) From the Task Manager, click on the Processes tab

5) Stop all processes for Winzip Registry Optimizer

6) Remove Winzip Registry Optimizer files from these folders:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\
%AllUsersProfile% \Application data\ .exe
%CommonAppData%\
%LocalAppData%\
%LocalAppData%\ .exe
%Temp%\
%AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Temp… \

7) Remove Winzip Registry Optimizer from your registry
Click on your Windows icon (windows 7) or Start button (windows XP)
In Search field type regedit (windows 7) or Click on Run and type regedit in the open field (windows xp)

Remove from:
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio… ".exe"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Win… " "
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Win… Settings
"CertificationRevocation" = ' 0 '
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Int… Explorer\Download
"CheckExeSignatures" = ' no '
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\comman…
" (Default) " = "%LocalAppData" -a "%1" %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ah\shell\open\command
" (Default) " = "%LocalAppData" -a "%1" %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ah\shell\open\command "IsolatedCommand"

Close Registry

8) Go to Control Panel

9) (Windows 7) Programs and Features (Windows XP) Add/Remove Programs

10) Uninstall Winzip Registry Optimizer

and at some of the parts like here Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio… ".exe" i couldn't find the certain files and i've been just staring at it for over 30 minutes so i tried another method what said at first uninstall the winzip virus then do stuff what is similar to what is said above with the HKEY_ stuff etc but the same thing happend as before but because i uninstalled the winzip i can't really show you what it looks like.

Yes I did this in Safe Mode with networking and i'm sure i downloaded the """""""legit"""""""" utorrent.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Did you download it from the actual utorrent website and not some fake? Or maybe you didn't uncheck some of the adware/trash in the installer lol.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Did you download it from the actual utorrent website and not some fake? Or maybe you didn't uncheck some of the adware/trash in the installer lol.
I updated mine and it does come with the winzip installer box already checked so this guy rushed by all the boxes so now he has winzip that is a pretty good extractor and a shitty toolbar all because he rushed :(

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Those whom do not understand the potential threats in using uTorrent files should not use uTorrent.

I honestly can't remember the last time i got a virus or spyware. I think it was back in the Vista days. And i simply use AVG and do the odd scan on Spybot Search & Destroy. No firewall, no Microsoft enabled protection. And i go to questionable sites and download hundreds of gigs a month of Torrents.

Either I'm lucky or i am just cautious. Maybe it's because i don't "click click click" and actually READ what i am installing. :/

I updated mine and it does come with the winzip installer box already checked so this guy rushed by all the boxes so now he has winzip that is a pretty good extractor and a shitty toolbar all because he rushed :(

I clicked on default i misunderstood what the installer was saying at the time so yeah.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I don't see anyone "laughing" at you.

I did give advice. If you don't know what you are dealing with or know how to readily fix it when shit hits the hard drive then don't use it. Now, go uninstall uTorrent.

I don't see anyone "laughing" at you.

I did give advice. If you don't know what you are dealing with or know how to readily fix it when shit hits the hard drive then don't use it. Now, go uninstall uTorrent.

How to get rid of the virus i'm asking really you did help, i'm normally cautious like I said to pinker I misread it.

edit: Mean Giraffe

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Protip, don't update if ya don't need too. I have utorrent thats a year old, and I can still get stuff.