Contributor
Have all my +1s
scktQ.gif

Reactions: sov

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
is there like a reason this isnt approved yet

was biggy found touching young girls in the skial internet basement?

No but I mean legitimately why. I haven't seen a single piece of negativity in this thread, but I also haven't seen an admin comment on it.

If you aren't going to give him mod because you have enough forum mods or something, just say you have the quota for mods filled. Don't just leave him in app purgatory because you don't want to upset him.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor

No but I mean legitimately why. I haven't seen a single piece of negativity in this thread, but I also haven't seen an admin comment on it.

If you aren't going to give him mod because you have enough forum mods or something, just say you have the quota for mods filled. Don't just leave him in app purgatory because you don't want to upset him.
You're, um, probably more upset than he is. On to the real focus, it's harder to judge for this because (and nothing to bash Biggie on) a lot of other staff would have the same characteristics Biggie would have if they applied. Things like these are harder to take into consideration because vouches can really only come from people who moderate the entire forums because only they know what to do, therefore, only they can assess the applicant the best. That being said, it should take MUCH longer for this to be assessed as opposed to a regular server admin application, this application has been up for a little over a month, prior applications for server admin alone have taken up to 7 months.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You're, um, probably more upset than he is. On to the real focus, it's harder to judge for this because (and nothing to bash Biggie on) a lot of other staff would have the same characteristics Biggie would have if they applied. Things like these are harder to take into consideration because vouches can really only come from people who moderate the entire forums because only they know what to do, therefore, only they can assess the applicant the best. That being said, it should take MUCH longer for this to be assessed as opposed to a regular server admin application, this application has been up for a little over a month, prior applications for server admin alone have taken up to 7 months.
Why do you assume I'm upset?

It's not fair to compare this to an admin app. He's already an admin, he should be very trusted already. What exactly could a forum mod do that a server admin couldn't?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Or Botty has no need for another forum mod?

I wasn't trying to start anything, I just was curious if there was a legitimate reason.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I think he was already told that forum mods aren't needed for the time being.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

If I said it's because this is not the usual way that people end up as mods, would that throw some light on the situation?
Also like TapTap just said, there is not really a big call for forum mods at this time.
And I did give my +1 (as a forum mod, forum admin, and tf2 admin), but at the end of the day all appointments at Skial are approved by Bottiger, and Bottiger only.

Reactions: Shula

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
The last time I talked to Bottiger about making someone a mod/forum admin he said he didn't want to because some of the current/past ones abused it, and he didn't want to potentially deal with that anymore.

Not to mention this is an admin app section, not a mod app section. Typically Bottiger approached you if he wanted you to be a mod, or made a post in the admin section saying he needed more mods.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I think Bott needs to clean out the Admin list and get rid of the admins that hardly do anything and replace them with newer more eager admins. And that's not a bash at certain admins believe it or not, it's an actual legit comment.

sov

Legendary Skial King
imho Biggie prob won't abuse forum admin/mod. I think he'd be a great addition to forum mods.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think Bott needs to clean out the Admin list and get rid of the admins that hardly do anything and replace them with newer more eager admins. And that's not a bash at certain admins believe it or not, it's an actual legit comment.
Thing is some admins don't go on the forum all the time. But they tend to handle stuff in game or people go to them personally to handle it.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The last time I talked to Bottiger about making someone a mod/forum admin he said he didn't want to because some of the current/past ones abused it, and he didn't want to potentially deal with that anymore.

Not to mention this is an admin app section, not a mod app section. Typically Bottiger approached you if he wanted you to be a mod, or made a post in the admin section saying he needed more mods.

If I said it's because this is not the usual way that people end up as mods, would that throw some light on the situation?
Also like TapTap just said, there is not really a big call for forum mods at this time.
And I did give my +1 (as a forum mod, forum admin, and tf2 admin), but at the end of the day all appointments at Skial are approved by Bottiger, and Bottiger only.

This is the kind of stuff that should have been said upfront. One of the first things that should've been said is "That's not how you get mod", instead of waiting a month for someone to ask. I've seen a few forum mod apps yet I've never seen this information paired with it.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Splendid news, makes me want to eat miniature sheep.:win::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram: