Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Sniper is absolutely overpowered. Full charge does 500 damage, a team of eight can destroy hale in seconds. Not only this, but each shot completely stops hale midair, hence making it nearly impossible to super jump. For example, If 6 out of 8 snipers hit their shot while at full charge, that's already 3,000 damage in a fraction of a second. And this is only for one shot. If each sniper manages to hit 3 full charge shots (which isn't that hard to do), hale will receive a whopping 12,000 in total damage. And this is only 8 players, they can do this damage in under 30 seconds of the round start. On a full server, hale is brutally punished, any time he is airborne he is shot right back down by one of these snipers. For the example I just mentioned, this is only eight snipers, on certain maps I see even up to the bounds of 14 snipers (that's half the team) If text isn't enough I have a screenshot
too. :neutral:
iPyvLLM.jpg

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People can also vote to slay the snipers if they're wasting time. That's what I've seen happen in the past with a Scout that was just running around and refusing to attack Hale. If they're just hiding in a spot that's impossible for Hale to get to, he can also just cap the point. But of course, people would call Hale a "noob" for doing just that. If anything, it could be made so that Snipers can't use the Bushwacka with the Cozy Camper so it'd be a lot harder for Snipers to reach areas that are high up and hard for Hale to get to.
I cap on either side whenever I get the chance, the salt is hilarious

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
People can also vote to slay the snipers if they're wasting time. That's what I've seen happen in the past with a Scout that was just running around and refusing to attack Hale. If they're just hiding in a spot that's impossible for Hale to get to, he can also just cap the point. But of course, people would call Hale a "noob" for doing just that. If anything, it could be made so that Snipers can't use the Bushwacka with the Cozy Camper so it'd be a lot harder for Snipers to reach areas that are high up and hard for Hale to get to.
Even if people are willing to do that you still have problems
Most snipers are actually doing something, so calling a vote would be voteabuse
Slaying the snipers would take multiple votes, it would take more than the whole match to slay 2 or more snipers, most of which won't even pass
When there are more than 2 snipers (or other classes) alive you can't cap

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+0 limiting it to 4 wouldn't help that much and going lower would ruin the fun, and this would mean people have even less classes to pick from

Right now you're talking about shitty snipers who can't aim shouldn't get a class limit and good spies should. If there are 2 reasonable-good snipers on a hard to reach spot it's close to impossible to come near them. Try superjumping towards them while they remove your momentum with their shots. Good snipers could easily follow you while you strafe and smart snipers would take out their smg to deliver great knockback. Don't only look at the bad snipers, cause then you might as well remove the class limit for spies.

Weapons depot and other map with tricky sniper spots can be overcome even when there's decent snipers in the tricky spots. People just mindlessly try to superjump to them in a straight predictable line, get hit with knockback and wonder what they're doing wrong, while hales with common sense know to superjump in anything other than a straight line.

Jake usually gets 7-9k on VSH as a sniper, he has really good aim, and even a shitty hale like me can knock him off the tower in weapons depot with a couple of attempts.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
Weapons depot and other map with tricky sniper spots can be overcome even when there's decent snipers in the tricky spots. People just mindlessly try to superjump to them in a straight predictable line, get hit with knockback and wonder what they're doing wrong, while hales with common sense know to superjump in anything other than a straight line.

Jake usually gets 7-9k on VSH as a sniper, he has really good aim, and even a shitty hale like me can knock him off the tower in weapons depot with a couple of attempts.
But what do you mean with knock him off the tower. Is he alone, has he run out of ammo?
The only thing you can do to get to the sniper spots is to sneak up on them. In open maps like weapons that's impossible as you're forced to jump from the open high places

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
But what do you mean with knock him off the tower. Is he alone, has he run out of ammo?
The only thing you can do to get to the sniper spots is to sneak up on them. In open maps like weapons that's impossible as you're forced to jump from the open high places

I've got him and several others off before when they all had ammo. It's not that hard. That wasn't the first time either. In all my play time on VSH I've never once ran across a sniper I couldn't kill even on the most sniper friendly maps. And ask the server, anyone there will tell you I'm a shit hale and even I don't have problems with snipers.

Same thing for Urban works, a even more difficult map than weapons depot when it comes to dealing with snipers. Snipers can be difficult to take out on that map but certainly far from impossible.

And this is when you're playing regular hale. CBS, headless horseman, and vagineer have a even easier time taking out snipers when you use them right. Vagineer has a no knockback rage for those especially tough spots, headless horseman has even better wall climbing abilities than before thanks to the buff making him a nightmare for any sniper, christian brutal sniper can pick off snipers with arrows or at least keep them behind cover long enough to power jump over to their spot.

Even the Easter Bunny can take out snipers if you use him right with his slightly better power jumping.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've got him and several others off before when they all had ammo. It's not that hard. That wasn't the first time either. In all my play time on VSH I've never once ran across a sniper I couldn't kill even on the most sniper friendly maps. And ask the server, anyone there will tell you I'm a shit hale and even I don't have problems with snipers.

Same thing for Urban works, a even more difficult map than weapons depot when it comes to dealing with snipers. Snipers can be difficult to take out on that map but certainly far from impossible.

And this is when you're playing regular hale. CBS, headless horseman, and vagineer have a even easier time taking out snipers when you use them right. Vagineer has a no knockback rage for those especially tough spots, headless horseman has even better wall climbing abilities than before thanks to the buff making him a nightmare for any sniper, christian brutal sniper can pick off snipers with arrows or at least keep them behind cover long enough to power jump over to their spot.

Even the Easter Bunny can take out snipers if you use him right with his slightly better power jumping.
If only VSH players would stop being little bitches and actually utilize rage.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
If only VSH players would stop being little bitches and actually utilize rage.
Take this however way you want, but I think raging is "cheap". I feel that the rage ability was made for situations were it is absolutely necessary (taking a lot of damage, stuck in a spot, etc). The rage ability is, in my opinion, is for new players who cannot win unless they use it. It's like a helping boost to players that don't know or understand how to counter other players as hale. When I see people spamming rage, I feel as if the ability is being abused. Why rage when you will already win? I myself, never rage, unless I have low health. I personally, find it an achievement to win as hale on a full server without using rage (btw 2fortdesk is the hardest one to do this).

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Take this however way you want, but I think raging is "cheap". I feel that the rage ability was made for situations were it is absolutely necessary (taking a lot of damage, stuck in a spot, etc). The rage ability is, in my opinion, is for new players who cannot win unless they use it. It's like a helping boost to players that don't know or understand how to counter other players as hale. When I see people spamming rage, I feel as if the ability is being abused. Why rage when you will already win? I myself, never rage, unless I have low health. I personally, find it an achievement to win as hale on a full server without using rage (btw 2fortdesk is the hardest one to do this).

A class shouldn't be limited because you intentionally refuse to use basic mechanics put in the game for a reason, mechanics which help take care of the very problem you're complaining about with snipers.

Saying snipers should be limited is like getting continually backstabbed by spies and running to the forums to say they're OP and should be disabled because you intentionally don't watch your back, or being pinned by a engineer sentry and saying engies should be limited to 1 slot because you refuse to use weigh down or rage because its "cheap".

You need to put on your big boy pants and stop caring about what a bunch of 12 year olds on the internet will think of you in a video game if you use rage instead of demanding the game be conformed to your stigma surrounding rage.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's probably why you think having more than 4 Snipers is insane.

LordWalnut

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor

Kinda old, but I wanted to say, if this was done, then snipers would be almost useless and so so vunerable, they would die very