Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Sniper is absolutely overpowered. Full charge does 500 damage, a team of eight can destroy hale in seconds. Not only this, but each shot completely stops hale midair, hence making it nearly impossible to super jump. For example, If 6 out of 8 snipers hit their shot while at full charge, that's already 3,000 damage in a fraction of a second. And this is only for one shot. If each sniper manages to hit 3 full charge shots (which isn't that hard to do), hale will receive a whopping 12,000 in total damage. And this is only 8 players, they can do this damage in under 30 seconds of the round start. On a full server, hale is brutally punished, any time he is airborne he is shot right back down by one of these snipers. For the example I just mentioned, this is only eight snipers, on certain maps I see even up to the bounds of 14 snipers (that's half the team) If text isn't enough I have a screenshot
too. :neutral:
iPyvLLM.jpg

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've played enough VSH to know, any decent Hale can still completely dominate a full team of Snipers, especially when they are all crowed up in the same spot. It's all about the strafes, most of the Snipers that play VSH suck anyway.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
just make it to where the bushwaka's special ability isn't so stupid
if not then yeah, limit that shit

I've played enough VSH to know, any decent Hale can still completely dominate a full team of Snipers, especially when they are all crowed up in the same spot. It's all about the strafes, most of the Snipers that play VSH suck anyway.
no way, the hale can only reach the sniper via super jump, but the super jump's effect is instantly negated by a single sniper shot. And since super jump needs to recharge hale cannot do it often enough to get the sniper(s) effectively

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
just make it to where the bushwaka's special ability isn't so stupid
if not then yeah, limit that shit

no way, the hale can only reach the sniper via super jump, but the super jump's effect is instantly negated by a single sniper shot. And since super jump needs to recharge hale cannot do it often enough to get the sniper(s) effectively
It's not that hard to avoid a shitty Sniper as Hale, those fucks can't follow the super jump for shit unless he's really far away.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Yes, but how about on weapons depot, where they are all on the tower. One hits you, you fall back down. They are the largest source of damage to hale, if they manage to get up there and you are done.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes, but how about on weapons depot, where they are all on the tower. One hits you, you fall back down. They are the largest source of damage to hale, if they manage to get up there and you are done.
Weapons depot I guess it would make sense on, still most decent Hales I've seen can get up there with ease no matter the amount of Snipers up there. Shouldn't limit the amount of Snipers though for something even one Sniper can accomplish pretty easily though. Weapons Depot has always been a shit map anyway, so I'd say remove it and that crappy map from your screenshot.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
shut up its a popular map, they aren't gonna remove it any time soon.
my solution is to just remove that spot from weapons depot, it is op anyway

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sniper is absolutely overpowered. Full charge does 500 damage, a team of eight can destroy hale in seconds. Not only this, but each shot completely stops hale midair, hence making it nearly impossible to super jump. For example, If 6 out of 8 snipers hit their shot while at full charge, that's already 3,000 damage in a fraction of a second. And this is only for one shot. If each sniper manages to hit 3 full charge shots (which isn't that hard to do), hale will receive a whopping 12,000 in total damage. And this is only 8 players, they can do this damage in under 30 seconds of the round start. On a full server, hale is brutally punished, any time he is airborne he is shot right back down by one of these snipers. For the example I just mentioned, this is only eight snipers, on certain maps I see even up to the bounds of 14 snipers (that's half the team) If text isn't enough I have a screenshot

Huge -1

And holy shit you are WAY over exaggerating and your logic is very flawed

8 snipers cannot "destroy hale in seconds". Not even 4 spies backstabbing Hale every 3 seconds for 3k+ damage without missing would still not be able to kill him in seconds. If a hale was completely AFK and 12 snipers were shooting at him it would still take a long ass time for him to die.

Snipers can be heavy hitters if the map is sniper friendly enough and more importantly if you can actually aim.

And this is if the hale in question is a massive idiot who ignores snipers for the entire round. Any hale with common sense on a wide open map would dispatch of snipers first which is not difficult to do with basic tactic and common sense.

I'm a shitty hale and I have no issue with snipers because they're so easy to take out, and I generally go for them first on open maps so they're not chipping away at my health.

If you're getting you're ass whooped by snipers that's because you're playing wrong, not because of sniper balance is my point.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Hales can make their way up to the tower all the time if they jump from the right spot. It is tricky, but its far from impossible.

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean they're OP.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
ok, then can you justify why there is a limit on scout, spy and engi?

Engie sentries have a ton of knockback and can be extremely effective when used together in certain map areas

Spies can deal massive amounts of damage if hale doesn't watch his back, and they can be a pain in the ass to kill

Snipers are only viable on certain maps, are relatively easy to kill, are only heavy hitters when they can actually aim (most aren't that good) and aren't a issue when you make them a high kill priority like you would with engies, spies or medics

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
+0 limiting it to 4 wouldn't help that much and going lower would ruin the fun, and this would mean people have even less classes to pick from
Snipers are only viable on certain maps, are relatively easy to kill, are only heavy hitters when they can actually aim (most aren't that good) and aren't a issue when you make them a high kill priority like you would with engies, spies or medics
Right now you're talking about shitty snipers who can't aim shouldn't get a class limit and good spies should. If there are 2 reasonable-good snipers on a hard to reach spot it's close to impossible to come near them. Try superjumping towards them while they remove your momentum with their shots. Good snipers could easily follow you while you strafe and smart snipers would take out their smg to deliver great knockback. Don't only look at the bad snipers, cause then you might as well remove the class limit for spies.
Hales can make their way up to the tower all the time if they jump from the right spot. It is tricky, but its far from impossible.

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean they're OP.
It's impossible unless the snipers have a terrible aim or they shoot at the wrong moment. Again good and smart snipers remove hale's momentum in a flinch.
This would mean hale has to keep on eye on the sniper spot for the whole match and you know, that just can't happen. Hale has to kill the others at some point too, and thus creating a perfect moment for snipers to get to their spot. And snipers may not kill hale in a few seconds, but by the amount of time he has to waste trying to get to the spot, he would have absorbed some major damage, maybe even killing him.

Reactions: Slip

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Engie sentries have a ton of knockback and can be extremely effective when used together in certain map areas

Spies can deal massive amounts of damage if hale doesn't watch his back, and they can be a pain in the ass to kill

And Scouts are already annoying enough to most Hales, having more than 4 *or 5 with a donor slot* would just get way out of hand. Although it would be fun to rage kill like 20 of them.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People can also vote to slay the snipers if they're wasting time. That's what I've seen happen in the past with a Scout that was just running around and refusing to attack Hale. If they're just hiding in a spot that's impossible for Hale to get to, he can also just cap the point. But of course, people would call Hale a "noob" for doing just that. If anything, it could be made so that Snipers can't use the Bushwacka with the Cozy Camper so it'd be a lot harder for Snipers to reach areas that are high up and hard for Hale to get to.