Sir Trooper

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Mapper
Not enough pictures and lacking discription for me to base an opinion although another meme map is already heading towards the -1 side for me.

Pot Head Wabbit

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Not enough pictures and lacking discription for me to base an opinion although another meme map is already heading towards the -1 side for me.
there is a boulder run and an obby, it's not just a meme hallway map, more pictures are currently being added and a description will probably accompany the game banana page shortly.

Pot Head Wabbit

Game banana page updated with a description, you'll probably like this a lot more than ancient its not anywhere close as memey. maybe give it a test try if you can.

PolesXD

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
+1 for me, the map looks like it has effort in it unlike some maps (gayrun), some parts look a little empty but hey its a DR map what do you expect and if it is a better ancient memes then why have it Probs cuz its PoPUlAr and for trimping...I like it as much as the next guy but I find myself trimping on a pyramid for 30 minutes straight and not playing the map.
thats my 2 cents feel free to disagree

Sore

+1 It's supposed to be sequel to ancient memes, mayan themed and there's a lot screenshots for now

Heliamo

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
zzzz new meme map ( +1 beacuse friend asked me to)

also like atleast the traps are slightly balanced for red team (instead of his previous map)

Scrotes

Contributor

Shit low effort map that literally didn't even have textures packed on its release. Does not have any of the troll/exploitable things that people play ancient memes for. Soulless, empty, hollow, ugly, too dark, the works.

• Troll
Reactions: Pot Head Wabbit

Sore

Shit low effort map that literally didn't even have textures packed on its release. Does not have any of the troll/exploitable things that people play ancient memes for. Soulless, empty, hollow, ugly, too dark, the works.
The other textures was packed, but mayan pack textures wasn't.

The Best Bast

+/-0 but skeptical.

Map looks very gloomy to begin with. But more especially, since it's supposed to be its sequel, people played ancient_memes for its unpredictability, and it's probably the main reason a map is popular or not. And on ancient_memes, you never knew : would Hale allow trimping ? Would I, as a demo, suck less than usual and actually succeed at doing the trimping part ? Would the demos help him, or on the contrary attack him or betray him by triggering the traps ? What game would be picked out of the many options, and even then, depending on the game, many more different scenarios could occur : 21 squares, that's a lot, will there be a winner ? Will the square with the silly ten demos on it actually win this time ? Will that Demoman humi the Hale that refused to trigger trimping ? Will Hale get outplayed, or betrayed by a tauntkilling Sniper during a Rock Paper Scissors at the end of the fight ? The more of those questions, as trivial as they may seem, there are, the better the map. There was never a run quite like the other on ancient_memes.

I'm using the past as it seems Hale is now pretty much unkillable on the map, which affects both trimping and the fight minigame, and trimping Demos can trigger the freerun button because of the recent Hale changes. Both of those changes make the map less appealing and more predictable, and at least empirically, I see it much less played because of that, which would prove that the Deathrun part alone is not sufficient to make a good meme map. Especially in that case, because now, you have to focus on the Deathrun part, which, yeah, isn't so great, and outright unfair if you play anything other than Spy or Demo.

And yeah, I hear that this map is supposedly more balanced in terms of traps. But it doesn't change the fact that this map doesn't seem to have much to offer. Less minis, less Hale / runner interactions, bleaker, a run that seems acceptable at most. I'd try it if it gets added, but I don't expect a lot.

Sir Trooper

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Mapper
+/-0 but skeptical.

Map looks very gloomy to begin with. But more especially, since it's supposed to be its sequel, people played ancient_memes for its unpredictability, and it's probably the main reason a map is popular or not. And on ancient_memes, you never knew : would Hale allow trimping ? Would I, as a demo, suck less than usual and actually succeed at doing the trimping part ? Would the demos help him, or on the contrary attack him or betray him by triggering the traps ? What game would be picked out of the many options, and even then, depending on the game, many more different scenarios could occur : 21 squares, that's a lot, will there be a winner ? Will the square with the silly ten demos on it actually win this time ? Will that Demoman humi the Hale that refused to trigger trimping ? Will Hale get outplayed, or betrayed by a tauntkilling Sniper during a Rock Paper Scissors at the end of the fight ? The more of those questions, as trivial as they may seem, there are, the better the map. There was never a run quite like the other on ancient_memes.

I'm using the past as it seems Hale is now pretty much unkillable on the map, which affects both trimping and the fight minigame, and trimping Demos can trigger the freerun button because of the recent Hale changes. Both of those changes make the map less appealing and more predictable, and at least empirically, I see it much less played because of that, which would prove that the Deathrun part alone is not sufficient to make a good meme map. Especially in that case, because now, you have to focus on the Deathrun part, which, yeah, isn't so great, and outright unfair if you play anything other than Spy or Demo.

And yeah, I hear that this map is supposedly more balanced in terms of traps. But it doesn't change the fact that this map doesn't seem to have much to offer. Less minis, less Hale / runner interactions, bleaker, a run that seems acceptable at most. I'd try it if it gets added, but I don't expect a lot.

Yeah the demos being able to press freerun really makes the whole trimping thing on ancient useless and not fun. I still hope that was a mistake Cream Tea made and not an intentional decision because if it was fuck me was it dumb.

Reactions: The Best Bast

Pot Head Wabbit

Yeah the demos being able to press freerun really makes the whole trimping thing on ancient useless and not fun. I still hope that was a mistake Cream Tea made and not an intentional decision because if it was fuck me was it dumb.
V1 version of ancient meme trimp was 100% accidental, it's only after it was getting abused over and over botigger made cream tea add a trimp button to allow it to happen on Hales will instead of relying on a glitch with the skybox being to high.

Pot Head Wabbit

I'm using the past as it seems Hale is now pretty much unkillable on the map, which affects both trimping and the fight minigame, and trimping Demos can trigger the freerun button
Cream tea is actually aware of that bug, it's something do to with making the buttons +use able gives red the ability to press them. It is for sure gonna be fixed in v9

Reactions: The Best Bast

Sir Trooper

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Mapper
V1 version of ancient meme trimp was 100% accidental, it's only after it was getting abused over and over botigger made cream tea add a trimp button to allow it to happen on Hales will instead of relying on a glitch with the skybox being to high.
Thats not what I'm talking about. Red Demos can now grief the hale by using +use on the FreeRun Button.

Pot Head Wabbit

Thats not what I'm talking about. Red Demos can now grief the hale by using +use on the FreeRun Button.
1697811548048.png

Reactions: Sir Trooper

Pot Head Wabbit

new updates for raider have been dropping left and right for the past few days might be worth relooking into with the changes.
1697813608137.png