Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't know if this is even possible, but I thik would be an improvement to the forums if it was.
Basicaly having the forum navigation bar frozen so it stays on teh top even when you scroll down..

so this always stays in teh same place.... and everything under it scrolls as normal.

1HGKG

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I agree with Zebra, it would just get in the way, I don't mind scrolling

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I don't want it either.

Is it really that hard to scroll? Just do what I do click your scroll button and move your mouse up it's super easy.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
+1

You people need a serious update on hardware. Either a desktop replacement laptop, an all-in-one, or a tower.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If you really have an issue with scrolling back up, maybe just a little up arrow floating in the top right that you can click to go to the top? Pages usually aren't that long to need a fixed header.

EDIT: Just fiddled with this and a few more technical issues. Fixed headers are achieved through CSS usually and it's just setting the element to be position:fixed; top:0px;

This fixes the position of the element to the top of the viewport no matter where you scroll. Two issues I see at the moment in our header are:

- Moderation queue would have to be moved somewhere else since this would block it
- The home dropdown doesn't work well

If we go with just the arrow this shouldn't be an issue.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you really have an issue with scrolling back up, maybe just a little up arrow floating in the top right that you can click to go to the top? Pages usually aren't that long to need a fixed header.

EDIT: Just fiddled with this and a few more technical issues. Fixed headers are achieved through CSS usually and it's just setting the element to be position:fixed; top:0px;

This fixes the position of the element to the top of the viewport no matter where you scroll. Two issues I see at the moment in our header are:

- Moderation queue would have to be moved somewhere else since this would block it
- The home dropdown doesn't work well

If we go with just the arrow this shouldn't be an issue.
Nah, it's not an issue with scrolling up, just speeding up navigation in the same way your browser has a frozen pane at the top. If you were to scroll up everytime you needed to open a new tab, click on your favourites etc. It would soon get tedious.
Yeah, wasn't sure how easy it would be to impliment, obviously moderation being moved is probably more hassle than it's worth, as for the arrow, no need for that.. look at bottom right it is already implimented. I suppose 2 clicks is no different than one.