N.P.P Styx

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I don't want to be one of those cockblowers at Starbucks who tries to defend himself and his faggot ways because he was unable to afford a Mac and has to use a PC, so he uses Google Chrome to be different and a true individual.

hipsterkitty.jpg

I don't use it to be different. I use it because it never crashes for me. Thank you.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
my reaction to this thread

HAHAHAHA CINIC CAN'T EVEN INTER---- firefox has crashed-----

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Doki has more likes than fucking Lady GaGa on FailBook because of posts like these.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
:mad:
So, FireFox keeps crashing on me. Over. And over. And over. Just randomly stops responding, and then I have to ex it out. Luckily it remember my last session, but this is getting ridiculous at how frequent it is. Like, once every 10 minutes, almost.

Any suggestions? Just reinstall, or axe old plugins, or idon'tknowshitaboutcomputerslol?
WTF did you do to it? I'm running the beta track of Firefox and I haven't had any crashes since 4.0 beta.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Funny. Everytime I'd search Mozilla Firefox to download it and get off IE, Internet would crash. I said fuck it, and now I have Chrome. :) Everything went better than expected.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
All this shit posted here is fucking useless. Screenshot posted by Cinic clearly shows that something is wrong with time settings. Even though I'm not a big fan of Mozilla - it's not Firefox' problem.
According to Mozilla's KB:

Certificate will not be valid until (date)

(site name) uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate has expired. The certificate will not be valid until (date). (Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)
This error can occur if your computer clock has the wrong date, in which case the date given in the error message will be in the past. To fix the problem, set your system clock to today's date and time (double-click the clock icon on the Windows Taskbar).

Bypassing the warning

You can tell Firefox to bypass these certificate warnings. You should only bypass the warning if you're sure that the site is legitimate. Legitimate public sites will not ask you to do this. An invalid certificate can be an indication of a web page that will defraud you or steal your identity.
  1. On the warning page, click Or you can add an exception....
  2. Click Add Exception.... The Add Security Exception dialog will appear.
  3. Click Get Certificate.
  4. Read the text describing the problems with this site.
  5. Click Confirm Security Exception if you want to trust the site.
PS. Welcome to the world of Google.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't want to be one of those cockblowers at Starbucks who tries to defend himself and his faggot ways because he was unable to afford a Mac and has to use a PC, so he uses Google Chrome to be different and a true individual.

hipsterkitty.jpg
If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7

C:\Users\[account name]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

Pick whichever folder in Profiles would be yours (more than likely there's only one). In that folder will be a folder called sessionstore.js. That's all your currently open tabs.

Also, http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Backing up and restoring bookmarks?s=bookmark+restore&r=0&as=s will help you backup all your bookmarks.

I've carried the same tabs and bookmarks with me across several Windows installations.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Shaderp, yeah, my school and Skial are trying to steal my identity.
And yeah, my time was off-set by 12 hours. Fixed it.
And where is "thank you, Psycho. You were the only one who posted something relevant on the third page of this spammed thread."?