DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Hello all, I've decided to work and polish on the Cave Johnson model that was previously suggested. I've also reworked him in the process so here's what i have to show:

MODEL UPDATE:

Previously, the new model suggested was very bloaty. The textures were an insane resolution. This has been fixed. All textures are now in the range of 512x512. Textures have also been reduced in numbers as well. I've also did a .jpeg compression to reduce the file sizes even more. In total, this turned the material folder from 80 mbs to less than 2 mbs. I've also fixed a missing texture issue causing an ugly purple to leak out of his mouth.

SOUND UPDATE:

Also in the included model update were sounds. There were too many sounds that brought up the file size to 130 mbs in total including the materials. I've reduced this to about 9 mbs. There are some new voices but most of them come from the old cave johnson boss we have now.

REWORK DETAILS:

• Rage damage is 6000
  • Rage distance is 1000
  • Grenade launcher does 100 to players and buildings. It also shoots much slower, holds 3 grenades at a time, and is now limited on ammo.

This change was made due to how spammy cave was. I didn't like his playstyle of "when in doubt, spam it out". This change was to make cave have more power to his grenade launcher but limiting it on ammo instead of the previous other way around.
  • Minions now spawn as your previous class. Minions do 78 damage on melee with 175 hp. They no longer random crit.
This change was mostly unintentional due to how weird this plugin works. No matter how much i try, the minions never turned into pyros. This means scout minions exist. But I made sure these guys dont have a double jump.
  • Cave's rage also stuns sentries for 8 seconds and players for 3 seconds
  • Cave's melee does 150 damage but does 75 damage to buildings.
That should be all for whats notable about this update.

DL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m81k1sem9gyapf7/cave_johnson_reworked_v1.zip/file

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Grenade launcher does 100 to players and buildings. It also shoots much slower, holds 3 grenades at a time, and is now limited on ammo.
used to be like this, no one liked it
Minions now spawn as your previous class. Minions do 78 damage on melee with 175 hp. They no longer random crit.
neat
  • Cave's rage also stuns sentries for 8 seconds and players for 3 seconds
  • Cave's melee does 150 damage but does 75 damage to buildings.
no opinion
honestly these changes are great but leave the grenade as it is