Scotty McTailwhip

Unremarkable User
You’re kind of contradicting yourself here. You say that the problem is not that Pyro can’t get sufficient damage, but that he only has two viable loadouts at his disposal.

If these two loadouts alone can get him sufficient damage, I don’t really see the point in adding another one, especially to a weapon that hardly anyone, in FF2 or not, uses anymore in favor of better melees such as the Powerjack and Volcano Fragment.

Also stock is still viable despite how people get about airblasting Pyros, especially for bosses like Doom who don’t have rages that are extremely detrimental to the team.
ok so our telling me that stock only works on a single hale, and I am pretty sure outside of ff2 the axtinguisher is pretty popular, and yes I said that I dont care about damage but more variety because I don’t want to be doing the same thing every game which would be: shoot hale with phlog, get gas passer, throw gas passer, get mmph, use mmph, die or continue doing the same thing

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
There’s a simple fix for getting tired of doing the same thing over and over again:

Just pick a different class.

You’ll pretty much be doing the same thing as Pyro each round anyway, so if you crave variety, just play as someone else. That’s why I pick random class all the time; I get tired of the same thing so I switch it up. Easy peazy.

Also I never said that stock only works on one hale. I just gave Doom as an example. Bosses like Ass Pancakes who literally only have uber for 5 seconds, or bosses like The Rock who move slow as dirt but get no knockback for a couple seconds are also good examples. Stock is also really good for protecting your Engineers and Heavies.

By all means, you don’t have to use stock. You can still use Phlog or the Fragment+Gas combo. I’m just stating that, despite how useless it may seem to you, it can still be useful if utilized well.