DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Aight imma get straight to the point.
BUFFS:
  • Abe can now wall climb. Simply jumping then holding MOUSE3 button (clicking the scroll wheel) near a wall. This change was made due to how annoying turret testing is and how weird weighdown effects your super-duper jump. Wall climbing can move in all directions but it is slower than Abes normal walking speed (coming in at 300 HU while walking is 330 HU). I made it mouse3 due to the weird bugginess that can happen while preparing a super jump.
  • Brew now lasts .4 seconds longer. Is this a buff? idk.
  • Super jump wait time is now 3.5 instead of 5.0. See nerfs for reasoning.
NERFS:
  • Super jump height now decreased from 1.0 to 0.8. Just like his original height before.
EXTRA STUFF:
  • Fixed an error where Abe didn't use a sound effect despite it being downloaded. Just an error in my end
  • Description change
  • Text now tells you how to wall climb instead of super jumping. Everyone knows how to super jump right? Its just better to let people know right in front of your face instead of just in the description
DL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cevzzjn6s5ngx45/abe.cfg/file

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
-1 to the wall climb.
I don't get why you'd want to implement that specifically because of just one map. Doesn't make sense.
+1 for the rest.

DanishSoup

Contributor
-1 to the wall climb.
I don't get why you'd want to implement that specifically because of just one map. Doesn't make sense.
+1 for the rest.
Yeah I get that. It's just not fun instantly having your turn end just because of how dumb dynamic weighdown works.
As for the other changes, there's not much compensation for having his super jump being the worst super jump.
I'll reconsider my decision on the wall climb though

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
@DanishSoup remind me, abe has weighdown, double jump and now you want to add wall climb? im sorry but thats a bit too much

DanishSoup

Contributor
Fixes
CHANGES:
  • Removed wall climb
  • Also removed all mention of wall climb
  • Flamethrower damage nerfed in favor for more ammo (20>30) (5-6 per particle > 3 per particle)
  • Start of round super jump downtime reduced to 2.5 (3.5>2.5). Normal super jump downtime is still the same.
All previous changes still apply

DL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p477v3ixblrk993/abe.cfg/file

Last edited: