AgentApple50

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Ever since the !equip plugin was added, there have been several instances where if the secret boss minigame was chosen the previous round and a couple seconds pass after a new round starts, everyone's game would almost completely freeze. This would lead to people crashing or quitting the game through external means such as using the task manager. I also remember several people mentioning that the inclusion of the plugin made their packet rate increase, though I don't know if that claim is valid.

I recommend either disabling the plugin on that map or removing the plugin entirely, since there are some other issues such as equipping lots of taunt unusual effects leading to people with low end computers dropping frames.

Bottiger

Administrator
Well I made the plugin limit unusual wearables to 1.

But of course letting people wear more items is going to increase the packet rate and lower frames. I don't see any way around it. I don't believe we should remove the plugin just because it becomes laggy for people with low end computers. It will also cause some maps that have too many entities to crash. There's a hard limit of 2048 entities (objects like hats, weapons, traps) and if the server hits that, it crashes.

The pros seem to outweigh the cons to me.

I've already taken steps to limit the lag by having a maximum wearable count of 3. I tested it before and it seemed like I could use as many as 15 if I wanted to.