chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I am there with him. I was the spy he was healing. I yelled at him. He won't do it anymore.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I warned him like I do with most everyone. I am not that type of admin that tries to get the most bans.

I would hope that tunapotpie would agree that his antics were short lived, and after I warned him he went back to playing like normal.

ZstvrtD.jpg

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So when did you decide to warn him? After a report was made? "lol dude knock it off someone reported us"

You made 0 attempt to attack him so you were clearly comfortable with getting heals.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
? Ok? Still don't know what time you told him to "stahp"

And you made no effort to attack the enemy medic who was healing you. This type of griefing takes 2 players... sure a medic can go around healing enemy spies on purpose but you could have tried to kill him at any moment and you did not. You were happy to let him heal you and grief with him.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

And you made no effort to attack the enemy medic who was healing you. This type of griefing takes 2 players... sure a medic can go around healing enemy spies on purpose but you could have tried to kill him at any moment and you did not. You were happy to let him heal you and grief with him.

Steam chat doesn't have timestamps so there is no way for me to prove it. I guess I will have to have to count on my reputation that what I say happened, actually happened.

I made no effort to attack him because he was not attacking me. I was trying to attack the biggest threats I saw on the other team, a stupid medic healing a spy is not a threat. I was trying to help my team, he was not. I realized what he was doing halfway through that demo, when I died, and I had a chance to type I told him to stop.

It stopped after that life. I don't think think the reporter can disagree with this, if he or she disagrees with this, please say so.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
After that life a report was made... of course it stopped. But as you well know people don't record demos for something that hasn't been an ongoing problem.
If Devin stopped to make a demo, I figured it was an ongoing problem. Why would he randomly make a demo and randomly capture griefers?
Bottiger said it more concisely that I could when he said "The plain fact that he made a demo almost guarantees that they were doing it before or that he knew they were going to grief him soon." This is the very thought I had that caused it to pass the 'extended period of time' test for me.
:confused:

HeadfulOfSandvich

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor

Prove he wasn't trying to kill the med that was healing him, because as of right now that claim is unfounded. As far as you know, he was making his best effort to get rid of dude. Besides, if dude is just purposely healing spies, that means he isn't an important person to kill at the time. He could have easily been trying to get other kills, and the fact that dude chose to heal him is his decision alone.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Prove he wasn't trying to kill the med that was healing him, because as of right now that claim is unfounded. As far as you know, he was making his best effort to get rid of dude. Besides, if dude is just purposely healing spies, that means he isn't an important person to kill at the time. He could have easily been trying to get other kills, and the fact that dude chose to heal him is his decision alone.
There's a fucking demo. See OP.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
After that life a report was made... of course it stopped. But as you well know people don't record demos for something that hasn't been an ongoing problem.

:confused:

1) The report was for "Medic not healing team, healing enemy spy purposely" maybe the reporter started when he noticed Dude wasn't healing other players?
2) There was more than one spy on my team. I know for a fact that I had the EXACT same loadout as one other spy on my team. Maybe he did it with another spy?
3)According to my event logs http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=295901&page=2 I died at 23:54 Pacific time on that demo.
4) According to Dude's event logs http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=8728&page=2 at 23:56 Pacific time he changed his class to soldier.
5) This thread was made at 12:04 Pacific time. 10 minutes after I died, 8 minutes after Dude switched off medic to soldier.
6) It was dealt with before this thread was made.
7) tunapotpie, I am sorry that you are caught in the middle of this, if you don't feel that this issue was handled sufficiently please let me, or another admin know http://www.skial.com/threads/admins.82/

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1)Enemy spy can choose whether or not to attack enemy medic.
2)You don't know how long he was healing you and you were purposely not attacking him?
3)So because you two finally stopped griefing that makes it ok?
4)Well then let's go back and unban anyone who was reported for griefing but stopped after evidence was gathered.
5)I guess it takes 10 minutes to upload demos and make a report. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
6)If you say so.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
1)Enemy spy can choose whether or not to attack enemy medic.
2)You don't know how long he was healing you and you were purposely not attacking him?
3)So because you two finally stopped griefing that makes it ok?
4)Well then let's go back and unban anyone who was reported for griefing but stopped after evidence was gathered.
5)I guess it takes 10 minutes to upload demos and make a report. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
6)If you say so.

1) wat? You may not play spy a lot, so just to let you know, it is a good thing for an enemy spy to heal you. Granted I did eventually realize he was doing it on purpose, but there were other people ACTUALLY ATTACKING ME to take care of first.
2) There was another spy on my team, Dude must have been healing him at some point and the reporter saw this. Or going back to #1 he started recording because Dude wasn't healing other teammates.
3) "FINALLY STOPPED." Yes I realized what he was doing, I told him to stop and he did. Read the facts in the events log, he was healing his team and got kill assists. Except for a few the minutes when he was being stupid.

So when did you decide to warn him? After a report was made? "lol dude knock it off someone reported us"
4) I told him to stop and he did. He switched soldier minutes after that demo ended, which is also 8 minutes before the report was made. So as you can see I warned him BEFORE the report was made.
5) Probably, but that doesn't change the time line
6) I don't have to say so, the event logs show that he stopped playing medic & healing enemy spies moments after the demo was taken, because I realized what he was doing and warned him. He changed classes to solider and continued playing correctly. Again, this happened well before the report, so it wasn't just a "knock it off someone reported us"

7) tunapotpie, I am sorry that you are caught in the middle of this, if you don't feel that this issue was handled sufficiently please let me, or another admin know http://www.skial.com/threads/admins.82/

I will extend this to any other member of the Skial community. If you are not satisfied with the facts of this issue and how I handled it, please feel free to comment here, or in private to me or any other admin. As always, I welcome any constructive criticism.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What? You are sitting there staring at him undisguised and he's staring at you not attacking you. He follows you waiting for you to get a disguise and then starts healing you. It's completely obvious that you chose not to fight him and you knew what he was doing. You could have stopped at any moment to issue a warning or take action but you were comfortable with his griefing because it was benefiting you.

Spy is my second most played class. Yes it's funny when an enemy medic heals you by mistake. When they continue to heal you over and over you don't have to be a pro spy to realize that they are doing it on purpose.

He is your friend and is on your highlander team. For you to say that you didn't know what was going on is a huge joke. And as you have said before in the past, if someone is taking the time to record a demo then it's obviously been happening for a few minutes before the recording started.

Anyone who reads this knows that if the report involved anyone else you would immediately ban without question. Regardless of timestamps, what occurred afterward, or anything else. But I guess if you want to get away with griefing on Skial then A) do it with an admin or B) be friends with chuckwagon.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Since not everyone is going to download the demo to watch it I'll just leave this here and they can decide what is going on.

Reactions: chuckwagon

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What? You are sitting there staring at him undisguised and he's staring at you not attacking you. He follows you waiting for you to get a disguise and then starts healing you. It's completely obvious that you chose not to fight him and you knew what he was doing. You could have stopped at any moment to issue a warning or take action but you were comfortable with his griefing because it was benefiting you.

Spy is my second most played class. Yes it's funny when an enemy medic heals you by mistake. When they continue to heal you over and over you don't have to be a pro spy to realize that they are doing it on purpose.

He is your friend and is on your highlander team. For you to say that you didn't know what was going on is a huge joke. And as you have said before in the past, if someone is taking the time to record a demo then it's obviously been happening for a few minutes before the recording started.

Anyone who reads this knows that if the report involved anyone else you would immediately ban without question. Regardless of timestamps, what occurred afterward, or anything else. But I guess if you want to get away with griefing on Skial then A) do it with an admin or B) be friends with chuckwagon.

Anyone who reads this probably knows that I almost always warn over /csay to stop griefing/rule breaking. They have probably seen me do it. So no, I don't "ban without question."

I will extend this to any other member of the Skial community. If you are not satisfied with the facts of this issue and how I handled it, please feel free to comment here, or in private to me or any other admin. As always, I welcome any constructive criticism.

Again, is there anyone besides Mittens that is confused by or concerned with what happened?

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Anyone who reads this probably knows that I almost always warn over /csay to stop griefing/rule breaking. They have probably seen me do it. So no, I don't "ban without question."

Again, is there anyone besides Mittens that is confused by or concerned with what happened?

I'll throw my two cents into this as devils advocate.
It's obvious you avoid killing the medic but is that considered to be griefing? I would say the medic was obviously griefing unless he is a brand new player (doubtful).
We are aware that there isn't a 'time limit' you can run around the enemy without killing them or else we'd all be banned but why let him live? This isn't the same as running to A and on the way you see a heavy and decide to bypass him because you can't kill him alone.

You made 0 attempt to attack him so you were clearly comfortable with getting heals.

Discussion in 'Reports' started by tunapotpie, Today at 2:04 AM.
Last message received at 2:15 AM
Looks like a constant flow of conversation
Last line is 'im just gona listen to yu guys in mumble ok' <- relevant?