AgentApple50

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Yes, I know the rules mention that not every single thing is listed as that would be impossible, but more than two bullet points in the Deathrun category would be great. At the moment, the rules are so vague that a good chunk of people break them without even knowing.

- Exploiting
How should this be measured? For example, half the server skips the first trap with Demoman charging on DR_Wintervalley, and you can also avoid half the traps with precise strafing. You obviously can't ban everyone doing it without receiving lots of backlash.

Solution: Replace rule with "Skipping and surviving traps is allowed, as long as you return to the play area as soon as possible", and add a note to the exploiting rule mentioning to check the Deathrun section for specifics.

- Griefing
- On several maps you can enter the BLU side as RED and activate traps on your teammates. This is the selling point of DR_Ancient_memes in particular, and is why it's as popular as it is. Should this be allowed? In my opinion, it should be. You could also argue that doing a partner taunt in front of chance doors or fake platforms to bait people to their demise counts as griefing, but that behavior is a staple of Deathrun culture and therefore should be allowed.

Solution: Replace rule with "No trolling teammates with disappearing platforms" and "Keep delaying to a minimum".

In addition, in my opinion, interacting with map mechanics should NOT be a bannable offense. You should not be punished for putting the cheats card into the console on DR_Playstation when the minigame is facing The Shining's Johnny (which is impossible to win as RED). or choosing the stalemate ending on DR_Ancient_memes. If they're a problem, then use the stripper tool and remove the problematic parts. Deathrun is a casual and social game mode. Learn to laugh and embrace the funny moments that arise.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

arctic dino

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
I saw Hale get voteslayed for using the traps on dr_forgotten_origin. You know, Hale doing what Hale should do on a deathrun map, activating traps to kill the runners.

If he didn't lie about a freerun, why should Hale be voteslayed? What's the point of a deathrun map if people don't want the traps being used?

Reactions: Mr Invincible

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
As far as i know there's just 2 rules

So yea, i think its need a little revamp with some shit of Adding rules like "No exploiting/using glitch spots in maps" since people do this shit a lot when its even not on the rules.

And its best we have some Admins Play on DR, since like most of them play on Casual or LAME ESCAPE and there's like 0 on DR

+1

• Dumb
Reactions: Mr Invincible

Super Weegee

Uncharitable Spy
Yes, I know the rules mention that not every single thing is listed as that would be impossible, but more than two bullet points in the Deathrun category would be great. At the moment, the rules are so vague that a good chunk of people break them without even knowing.

- Exploiting
How should this be measured? For example, half the server skips the first trap with Demoman charging on DR_Wintervalley, and you can also avoid half the traps with precise strafing. You obviously can't ban everyone doing it without receiving lots of backlash.

Solution: Replace rule with "Skipping and surviving traps is allowed, as long as you return to the play area as soon as possible", and add a note to the exploiting rule mentioning to check the Deathrun section for specifics.

- Griefing
- On several maps you can enter the BLU side as RED and activate traps on your teammates. This is the selling point of DR_Ancient_memes in particular, and is why it's as popular as it is. Should this be allowed? In my opinion, it should be. You could also argue that doing a partner taunt in front of chance doors or fake platforms to bait people to their demise counts as griefing, but that behavior is a staple of Deathrun culture and therefore should be allowed.

Solution: Replace rule with "No trolling teammates with disappearing platforms" and "Keep delaying to a minimum".

In addition, in my opinion, interacting with map mechanics should NOT be a bannable offense. You should not be punished for putting the cheats card into the console on DR_Playstation when the minigame is facing The Shining's Johnny (which is impossible to win as RED). or choosing the stalemate ending on DR_Ancient_memes. If they're a problem, then use the stripper tool and remove the problematic parts. Deathrun is a casual and social game mode. Learn to laugh and embrace the funny moments that arise.

Let me know what you think, thanks.
Exploiting:
Charging is an intended mechanic thanks to Skial's plugins, so you can't stop the first trap being skipped without poking the mapper for it or removing the ability to charge. It's probably going to be on a case-on-case basis if they update that part.

Griefing:
The admins said that as long as it's intended as part of the map design, like shredding the 100% card in dr_playstation or trimping into the BLU side in dr_ancient_memes and killing the runners, it's not considered griefing. If you killbind to stop people from playing a minigame, intentionally drop the respawn coin in dr_supermarket, or otherwise abuse something that the mapper didn't intend like using the disappearing platforms to harm your team, then it's considered griefing.

I wouldn't really consider doing a partner taunt to potential death griefing, since it's a risk you'd have to volunteer for.
I saw Hale get voteslayed for using the traps on dr_forgotten_origin. You know, Hale doing what Hale should do on a deathrun map, activating traps to kill the runners.

If he didn't lie about a freerun, why should Hale be voteslayed? What's the point of a deathrun map if people don't want the traps being used?
Even if he lied about a freerun, I'm pretty sure it's always been considered vote abuse to slay the hale for either of those reasons. Report it with evidence the next time you see it.

Reactions: Bloodpop