CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
LoL: Never grinded enough to get up to max level, but I am sure Airakah can vouch for my skill.
35232041.jpg

Draconie

Jailbreak Moderator
Contributor
The general ideas of what you are posting sound fine, but if you go around using terms like 'mind-map' it just doesn't sound like you know what you are talking about. If you want to make a guide to be pro, then you have to learn the technical terms that the people in the game are currently using. I don't know about DotA 1, but in DotA 2 it is called map awareness. The difference in how the heroes play in DotA 2 compared to 1 also makes using such a small amount of time in DotA 2 insufficient to make a guide on the game.

Kert

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I am not getting in ultra details thats why my advises are both compatible to tree coridor games. Map awareness is different than mind-map. Mind-map is most likely counting in fog and predicting where they might be, by knowing how to use mind-map you can set a trap to their destination which causes enemy to reply "were you waiting me " and thats where I enjoy the game.

Draconie

Jailbreak Moderator
Contributor
Map awareness refers mainly to the idea of paying attention to where your allies and enemies are on the map and their actions. By paying sufficient attention you can predict their actions. This 'mind-map' thing you are talking about would be the end result of having great map awareness. The point I was making is that I have never heard of the term mind map before and it just sounds like some made up term that nobody felt like using.
For the purpose of a guide for players to kick up their skill level to become pros, using the most accepted terms and well known terms will enable the players to relate more to what you are trying to say with less chance of them misunderstanding your intention.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
If Bottiger said it than he must be correct.
Why are you even in a DotA thread, you have 1.4 hours in the game and no items in your BP, you probably have no clue what any of us are even talking about, which is also why I ask why you rated my posts troll, probably jumping on the rating bandwagon like you always do.

/rant

sov

Legendary Skial King
Why are you even in a DotA thread, you have 1.4 hours in the game and no items in your BP, you probably have no clue what any of us are even talking about, which is also why I ask why you rated my posts troll, probably jumping on the rating bandwagon like you always do.

/rant
no, i am rating them troll because you are "trolling" with the Kert end etc.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

/rant
127.gif

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular

/rant
Sincerely, you are terrible at identifying jokes