michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
i love skial servers, and am considering donating. my issue is i am a frequent trader and do not posses large sums of irl cash, though i have much value in my backpack, is it possible in the future to have a donation option to donate items (though these items will have low cash value), like bills, keys, salvage crate/salvage stranges. similar to how scrap.tf has a donation option ( scrap(dot)tf/ItemValues(dot)php ). if this is not possible/will not happen i completely understand, and will be donating when i have the cash.

on a related note is there a yearly donation option, or option to buy say 6 months at a time for a slighty discounted rate? i personally am more likely to purchase a 6-month or 1 year subscription then a month by month subscription that i continually have to renew. and much much more likely to purchase if i can purchase a large quantity of months for a slight discount.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is not an option, although some people are fine with trading stuff with you, and then donating for you. It is not possible to get a discount for a longer subscription. I thanks you already for taking it into consideration

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
seems good. i certainly understand, just checking things out before i go to scrape together cash or sell items for cash.recently couldnt play as much and dropped below 2500 ap. missing my taunt kills :ohno:

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
is it at some point possible to have a smaller donation that increases the amount of ap gained? say $3 a month that multiplies ap gained by 1.75 or 1.5? once again if not possible i understand. gotta meet that bottom line lol

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
is it at some point possible to have a smaller donation that increases the amount of ap gained? say $3 a month that multiplies ap gained by 1.75 or 1.5? once again if not possible i understand. gotta meet that bottom line lol
Right now 5$ is the bare minimum since for every donation we have to pay around 30 cent fees to paypal. So the lower the transactions, the more we loose. You can ofcourse put this up as a suggestion, but i think 5$ is not really that much. Although i understand your point.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor

I doubt we would ever have the option to boost your AP by donating. Activity points are based solely on seeding the servers. People get AP points by seeding the servers and keeping it seeded. The reward for seeding servers are a few donator benefits. If we gave people the ability to buy AP point, it would completely defeat the whole purpose of even having it. People wouldn't seed the servers anymore, just buy the points.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
wouldn't that be kind of a good thing?

No. I don't think you understand how this works. If people buy AP to get the points faster. They will not seed the servers as often as they normally would. If no one seeds the servers than it will never get full. If it never gets full we will not be making any money to keep that server up and running.

The AP system was designed specifically to reward people that would join our servers when it was empty / low on players and make it full. That is the most effective way to get points. If you can just buy them, who would seed?

VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No. I don't think you understand how this works. If people buy AP to get the points faster. They will not seed the servers as often as they normally would. If no one seeds the servers than it will never get full. If it never gets full we will not be making any money to keep that server up and running.

The AP system was designed specifically so that people would join our servers when it was empty / low on players and make it full. That is the most effective way to get points. If you can just buy them, who would seed?
yeah but the majority of people will still seed, it's not like every bloke is going to spend money

Bottiger

Administrator
If you are a frequent trader it should be trivial for you to convert your items to Paypal cash.

Someone is always going to try to get the system changed so they can get the same benefits with the least amount of cash.

yeah but the majority of people will still seed, it's not like every bloke is going to spend money

No one likes seeding.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If you are a frequent trader it should be trivial for you to convert your items to Paypal cash.

Someone is always going to try to get the system changed so they can get the same benefits with the least amount of cash.

No one likes seeding.
I like seeding. I some times go to a degroots keep at 2:00AM and play against the stupid bots :alone: until people join.