wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
So, looking ahead in the UGC summer season and I was just wondering if any of you have insights for strategies (both general and class-specific) on canalzone. I have a few general ideas of what I'll do as an engineer, but . . . honestly it looks like it's going to be a clusterfuck.

[edit] Also, if you haven't seen it yet, here's the thread about the map on the UGC forums: http://www.ugcleague.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11062. Now I really want to camp red's forward spawn with a lvl 3 sentry. :P

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
fuck that map

Also, dear anyone else, how bad of an idea is it to run pain train on soldier and demo on this map?

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
how is it ever a bad idea for the demo to run paintrain on a map with control points?

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
get some clutch ubersaw 360 noscope needle kills
i love that just stringing words togetehr is acceptable now. Also, have you walked around this map?

It makes my face do this :c

Then I think about how to defend

:C

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
bitch on the ugc forums to remove it then.
one map got swapped so why cant another?

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
well there was a bug with dx8 on a map so they swapped it with deadwood
but whatever same thingy

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Does red still get the forward spawn to an unprotected area if they cap balcony or is it fixed now?

HeadfulOfSandvich

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
fuck that map

Also, dear anyone else, how bad of an idea is it to run pain train on soldier and demo on this map?
Demo can just trap up the entrances to the points anyway. so many chokes on that map, all he has to do is lob pipes and m1m2.
Solly needs to use market gardener. Nuff said.

EDIT:
So, looking ahead in the UGC summer season and I was just wondering if any of you have insights for strategies (both general and class-specific) on canalzone. I have a few general ideas of what I'll do as an engineer, but . . . honestly it looks like it's going to be a clusterfuck.

[edit] Also, if you haven't seen it yet, here's the thread about the map on the UGC forums: http://www.ugcleague.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11062. Now I really want to camp red's forward spawn with a lvl 3 sentry. :p
PM me about this. I have so many strats for this map already, u wouldn't even know :P I played that map so much now I even know how to get anywhere from anywhere.

Also, anybody up for a canalzone party at some point so that every1 can learn the map and such?