• Shutdown.

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Sleep.

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I shutdown simply because i'm worried about power outages.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Because my tower and bridge are directly in my line of sight when I sleep and the lights on them are bright as fuck.

Da_money125

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I let mine sleep.
If I'm not gonna be on it for more than a day I'll shut it down completely.

The only other time I'll shut it down is when I have to boot into Linux

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Shut down, because I turn the PC on first-thing, so it's on 16ish hours regardless of how much I use it.

Uncle zägä

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
People are meant to sleep forever because the dream world shows life without the filters of our brain. My job is to jump from mind to mind harvesting two thirds of your sleep. My master will one day drink it all to dream the Millenial Dream and merge with the universe to rule it with his army that never sleeps.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
People are meant to sleep forever because the dream world shows life without the filters of our brain. My job is to jump from mind to mind harvesting two thirds of your sleep. My master will one day drink it all to dream the Millenial Dream and merge with the universe to rule it with his army that never sleeps.

60413952.jpg

D

DeadHerald

Sleep in most cases. But if I expect to be away from it for an extended period, I'll turn it off and unplug it.

joemaster725

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
shut down. i am afraid of leaving it connected to the internet overnight (i dont trust anyone on it) but then again, i could just disconnect for the night!. then i only restart if i need linux.

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
I let mine sleep because it is convenient, and as for power surges, I've got a power strip that has a fuse in it. In case of surge, the fuse will blow, and then shut down anything connected to it. If there is an outage......it is pretty much usless.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I do sleep for my dekstop. The LED doesn't work for the power on my tower so keeping it in sleep results in no lights. It takes 1 minute to boot, but I like just being able to tap a key or move my mouse and have the screen come up pretty much instantly.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
theres a function other then on?.... further on im of the camp that turning off your machine is actually more damaging to it then leaving it on..... and sleep is generally more of a pain in the ass to get out of which generally consists of me turning the machine off anyway