Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Because we didn't have one for some reason.

That said, just finished Normal difficulty. That ending was... Lackluster. Belial's fight was more entertaining than Diablo's, really.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because we didn't have one for some reason.

That said, just finished Normal difficulty. That ending was... Lackluster. Belial's fight was more entertaining than Diablo's, really.

Eh, diablo has never been a crazy story driven game. I could take or leave the ending, I rerolled off my monk because I didn't enjoy the playstyle when I was almost in Inferno - my Witch Doctor is halfway thru nightmare now, I look forward to getting him into inferno. Game is quite fun, however I fear for it's longevity.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
expansion packs (or perhaps DLC in this case) will solve that problem.

this shit was so hyped up people are going to be fearing for its longevity as well, because they want their Diablo boners to persist for an eternity. I am a bit jealous that my computer could not run the game at present.

at any rate, the Diablo franchise has always been intended for multiplay in some shape or form. I wouldn't really call it a single-player game, exactly, because even the Playstation version was ported with the intention of allowing same-screen multi-play (played the shit out of it when I was a kid)

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
expansion packs (or perhaps DLC in this case) will solve that problem.

this shit was so hyped up people are going to be fearing for its longevity as well, because they want their Diablo boners to persist for an eternity. I am a bit jealous that my computer could not run the game at present.

at any rate, the Diablo franchise has always been intended for multiplay in some shape or form. I wouldn't really call it a single-player game, exactly, because even the Playstation version was ported with the intention of allowing same-screen multi-play (played the shit out of it when I was a kid)

The only problem with DLC is - this isn't Activision or EA we're talking about here..this is a respectable gaming company, meaning they won't release DLC until they're confident it's 100% amazing and complete. So in other words - 6 years.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The only problem with DLC is - this isn't Activision or EA we're talking about here..this is a respectable gaming company, meaning they won't release DLC until they're confident it's 100% amazing and complete. So in other words - 6 years.
You know Blizzard and Activision are partnered up these days, right?

I mean, yeah, it's mostly from a business standpoint. The developers are still the old school Blizzard guys, for the most part, so they still put the same level of care and detail into the games, but Activision definitely has their hands in the mix.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You know Blizzard and Activision are partnered up these days, right?

I mean, yeah, it's mostly from a business standpoint. The developers are still the old school Blizzard guys, for the most part, so they still put the same level of care and detail into the games, but Activision definitely has their hands in the mix.

They merged to a degree - Blizzard still has almost full control of their IPs however. One might not believe this, but as Diablo 4 and 5 haven't already been announced for the next two Christmas' seasons - I'm sure Blizz still has most of the control on releasing quality products vs quantity.

Nacasius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yup, make sure noone can login to your servers. Then it will be impossible to pirate the game as it will be completely unplayable.
Ohhh, give it a break... Almost 5 million players were downloading the game and trying to log in at the same time. It's a pretty significant load. I mean, Blizzard should've been prepared for something like that (that's why they had Diablo III Beta free-weekend), but still...

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ohhh, give it a break... Almost 5 million players were downloading the game and trying to log in at the same time. It's a pretty significant load. I mean, Blizzard should've been prepared for something like that (that's why they had Diablo III Beta free-weekend), but still...

Outrage would have been more understandable if it was still fucking up. I don't mind two days of intermittent issues to have error free play for the rest of the time. Not many games have had that many people logging onto their servers at once, I think they should of done a tiered access type of deal, but that's just me. At the end of the day, it's a very solid game, and I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

Dr.SteveBrule

Epic Skial Regular
Not going to buy it since I heard it was a buggy piece of trash and most players couldn't even play it when it came out.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
seems a rather stupid standpoint to take considering nobody could use steam when it first came out either.