185db

Epic Skial Regular
I, like many others, like to hop on to the skial forums to check in on them when I am out and about. For the most part, the website is quite good, no bugs, easily navigated, and has almost everything that the desktop version has. Almost. I have noticed that subsections such as "unmod" or "introductions" are not available to view from the mobile website. You also cannot see the amount of views a thread has, and there are probably other things missing that I have not mentioned. So instead of adding all of these features, I propose that we add a "switch to desktop version" button on the bottom of the page, which will allow you to view the forums the same way you would on a computer. This should not be too difficult to integrate, and hopefully can get added asap.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I, like many others, like to hop on to the skial forums to check in on them when I am out and about. For the most part, the website is quite good, no bugs, easily navigated, and has almost everything that the desktop version has. Almost. I have noticed that subsections such as "unmod" or "introductions" are not available to view from the mobile website. You also cannot see the amount of views a thread has, and there are probably other things missing that I have not mentioned. So instead of adding all of these features, I propose that we add a "switch to desktop version" button on the bottom of the page, which will allow you to view the forums the same way you would on a computer. This should not be too difficult to integrate, and hopefully can get added asap.
Desktop version on websites usually look weird on mobile imo. But if it's not too hard then alrighty. +1

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Desktop version on websites usually look weird on mobile imo. But if it's not too hard then alrighty. +1
If you wish it to not look weird and clunky, then just use the mobile version. The desktop version is there for the extra little things you don't get on mobile, not for daily navigating, unless you really like it.

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I think the "mobile" version (if I'm not mistaken) is the desktop view, but fitted accordingly, due to the simple UI.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
There isn't a mobile version of the website. The website just resizes itself based on your browser size. You can test this by sliding your desktop browser to a smaller size and watching the forum layout change based on the window size. So you can't add a "switch to desktop" version because it isn't a different version. You can call it "mobile friendly website", but its the same version as the desktop, just automatically resized to fit your screen.

Reactions: Toxik

185db

Epic Skial Regular
There isn't a mobile version of the website. The website just resizes itself based on your browser size. You can test this by sliding your desktop browser to a smaller size and watching the forum layout change based on the window size. So you can't add a "switch to desktop" version because it isn't a different version. You can call it "mobile friendly website", but its the same version as the desktop, just automatically resized to fit your screen.
Well, is there some way skial can add unmod/introduction/sourcefilmaker/ thread views?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
It is like that in Xenforo, we didn't make it that way. Editing Xenforo takes a lot of work and something like this (in my opinion) isn't a big deal. Just click on NSFW and you can see unmoderated in there.

Or you can turn your phone sideways and see it from the homepage.

Reactions: Chance

185db

Epic Skial Regular
It is like that in Xenforo, we didn't make it that way. Editing Xenforo takes a lot of work and something like this (in my opinion) isn't a big deal. Just click on NSFW and you can see unmoderated in there.

Or you can turn your phone sideways and see it from the homepage.
I was incorrect about not seeing the intro/film maker sections. Thread views still are not viewable. I still cannot access unmod though.

http://imgur.com/5gFlzmw

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I can see unmod on my phone. You must be doing something wrong. Or you are not logged in.

Unmod is a subforum of the NSFW forum. If you click on NSFW, you can see the unmod forum.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
I can see unmod on my phone. You must be doing something wrong. Or you are not logged in.

Unmod is a subforum of the NSFW forum. If you click on NSFW, you can see the unmod forum.
You must be logged in to see it ok. I was not. Alright, thanks for explaining everything though. I understand the complications with editing the website, but if it ever becomes possible It would be nice to have thread views added.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It works really fine.
70% of the time I'm on skial I'm mobile browsing...
...hell I can even do reports.