Status
Not open for further replies.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is a public message to Del Piero. Public, instead of private, because I'm quite sick of Del Piero's continued poor behavior here on Skial.

We all know of Del Piero's previous temper tantrum, where in an extremely anticompetitive power trip, he removed hundreds of completely valid feedback reports from people's rep threads to make himself look better. I believe there was also another instance (before I joined Skial) where Del Piero had also been on the verge of a perma-ban for some other stupid action of his, but I can't find that thread (I believe it was something about indiscriminately banning people from Skial servers or something, but I may be wrong).

That's been two chances, and I feel that it was two chances too many.

I figured something might be up with you (possibly as an act of his grudge against me for having his moderator privileges removed) when you brought attention to and questioned a recent change in my pricing on keys, in my keys for cash thread here.

I didn't want to get involved in another debate with you, lest we start up another eleven-page shitstorm like last time.

At first I was upset because you had deliberately harmed my image as a trader by deleting my perfectly legitimate feedback. But now I'm upset because you seem to be actually PMing people who post in my threads, and telling them that they shouldn't buy from me.

hOrnI.png

As you can see, there's two pages worth of conversation, not all of it was provided to me in screenshot, but plenty more was given to me in text via Steam chat.

What's worse, though, is that after this, Del Piero starts accusing Kensharma of being a scammer, suggesting that his backpack was set to private (his account is Registered Only, so you can't view the backpack from the Steam Community page this way).

Also you just made your profile private. Only scammers do that.
Watch your back

Del Piero, who is in charge of the Scammer List, is now ruthlessly bullying other users (who HE started a conversation with in his attempt to tarnish my reputation) and accusing them of being scammers.

Even better, though:

I'm not dumb. I checked your backpack it had 1 strange gun a few keys and ref and a rec. not even 1 stock weapon. You are not playing TF2 you are setting up a scam.
If you scam on Skial I'll catch you. That's for sure.

First off, stock weapons don't even show up in a user's backpack. I thought you would have known better than that.

Second, Kensharma has a Steam rating of 10 as of the time I wrote this post, and has logged 70 hours into TF2 in the last two weeks (that's nearly a full-time job's worth of hours).

After this, Del Piero then decided to add Kensharma to the Scammer List, under "watch list". With no evidence of any scams, absolute lies about a backpack being set to private, and a total lack of understanding on how stock weapons show up in a user's backpack (or more specifically, how they don't), Del Piero has once again abused his power to try to tarnish the reputation of yet another trader.

However, I can't help but feel like all of this is a direct result of a joke I made, suggesting that I would be taking over Del Piero's rank on the Trade page, which he of course rated as "Troll".

We've already seen how Del Piero acts out when he feels that his trade rank is being threatened by other active traders in the community. He had absolutely no problem breaking the rules which he, himself, created in an attempt to delete everybody's rep but his own. Now he's actually going around and bad-mouthing other active traders in the community behind their backs, and is adding anybody who disagrees with him to a scammer list, which he also conveniently maintains.

Del Piero, you have a history of continued abuse in this community. You have been on a nonstop power trip for several months now, and I think it's time to come to an end. You thought you could sneak past Batman, but you're dead wrong.

Del Piero, I think it's time for you to fuckin' go.

Reactions: Antamania

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
How did I abuse him and I shared this conversation with Faron already. :p
This guy is might be a scammer. He is on the watch list

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I see regular items in backpacks @_@
As of now.
Probably they traded them each other :p

Looks like Xel Nega is trying to set up a plot.
Biroman and Seppo can confirm me that the guy switched his backpack to private during the conversation I had with him after I confronted him with the fact that his backpack was empty.

Looks like batman failed

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
locking this up. Bringing this to a private conversation.

I will say however. If you are going to add someone to the scammers list / watch list. You need proof. Otherwise i will personally remove the person myself

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So, because he bad-mouthed people privately, and then publicly put someone on a "scammer watch list", it should be allowed to be private?
Scammer watch list is for the community. I personally believe that they should be allowed to state their opinion on a matter that may affect any one of them.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
So, because he bad-mouthed people privately, and then publicly put someone on a "scammer watch list", it should be allowed to be private?
Scammer watch list is for the community. I personally believe that they should be allowed to state their opinion on a matter that may affect any one of them.

too bad i don't care. im handling this with as little drama as possible. i including roman in the private conversation so he can have his input.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
For the record, Brick is the one who unlocked the thread.
"too bad i don't care" what the community's opinion is on a serious issue? As I said, this could have affected anyone. That inbetween his shill accounts being banned, and the other aforementioned issues in the OP? I feel like this should be discussed by the community when it potentially concerns them.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Because this will totally turn out with tons of reasonable conversation and no flaming. You know del won't respond to a public thread so there's probably not much point.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
What im doing is preventing another 11 page shitstorm about del piero vs someone else. and having it taken care of privately.Personally, i dont want another one of those threads. and keeping this from escalating from the trolls in this community that will do just that.

As im sure you guys all want to know whats going on. im sure roman will keep everyone updated.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
I have required that this mysterious stranger be taken off of whatever magical watch list he's on.

Also, we're literally PMing other users so we can buy keys at a 2 cent discount? If it's that big of an issue, I'll send you the $1 you could save elsewhere.

Reactions: CiNiC and Antamania
Status
Not open for further replies.