Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ukrainian_women2.jpg

Reactions: Astir

Toxik

Contributor
I really wonder what will happen from now on. I hope it's not going to just die off from the media, I really want to know more about follow up shit the government will do to avoid having it happen again, without letting the people know so they don't get pissed.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Meanwhile in Ukraine:

I really wonder what will happen from now on. I hope it's not going to just die off from the media, I really want to know more about follow up shit the government will do to avoid having it happen again, without letting the people know so they don't get pissed.
Government is trying to buy their way out by offering positions (prime minister, ministers and so on) to opposition's leaders. Not working so far. At least, they have canceled these laws that were limiting freedoms (including Internet law that is familiar to SOPA).

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I think the main reason the international community doesn't intervene is because it is a straight EU-Russia (read cold war alike) conflict. Also the government was until yesterday still in power, where the situation would have been totally different (in international politics) if martial law would have been declared.

Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think the main reason the international community doesn't intervene is because it is a straight EU-Russia (read cold war alike) conflict. Also the government was until yesterday still in power, where the situation would have been totally different (in international politics) if martial law would have been declared.
If America tries to help with anything it will just make everything worst, look at Syria now Al Qaeda has taken over the FSA's revolution.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ukrainian pride... An-225 "Mriya" (means "Dream") - the biggest airlift cargo aircraft in the world. In 2004 I was on a parade dedicated to 10 years anniversary of Ukraine's independence (parade took place in Kiev, right were protesters are revolting right now) where An-225 was flying over the Maidain with refueling aircraft (An-225 was refueling in the air) - holy shit, I have to say.. The ground was shaking because this vessel was fling over pretty low.

Picture for size comparison:

Giant_planes_comparison.svg

Video (the initial picture is obviously photoshopped - vessel has only 6 engines):

The thing is, the actions of government brought the manufacturer "Antonov" almost to bankruptcy - that's why there is only 1 vessel of An-225 in the world and production of the second vessel was frozen due to lack of resources and funding.
Good job, government...

Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ukrainian pride... An-225 "Mriya" (means "Dream") - the biggest airlift cargo aircraft in the world. In 2004 I was on a parade dedicated to 10 years anniversary of Ukraine's independence (parade took place in Kiev, right were protesters are revolting right now) where An-225 was flying over the Maidain with refueling aircraft (An-225 was refueling in the air) - holy shit, I have to say.. The ground was shaking because this vessel was fling over pretty low.

Picture for size comparison:

Giant_planes_comparison.svg

Video (the initial picture is obviously photoshopped - vessel has only 6 engines):

The thing is, the actions of government brought the manufacturer "Antonov" almost to bankruptcy - that's why there is only 1 vessel of An-225 in the world and production of the second vessel was frozen due to lack of resources and funding.
Good job, government...
Holy shit

Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Exactly. Imagine this big ass motherfucker transporting cargo for US Army?

By the way, one single take off of this vessel costs about $200,000. :D
I ember seeing a similar aircraft at an air show it might be the same one bu was all back and I think it had 2 less engine's.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I ember seeing a similar aircraft at an air show it might be the same one bu was all back and I think it had 2 less engine's.
An-225 has never been presented in the US, to the best of my knowledge. The only airshow it participated in was Paris Air Show.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
It has always been that equipment of western manufacturers is smaller, more expensive but also more reliable/armored.

The Russian manufactures as Antonov, Sukhoi and Mil produce decent airships. However they are more focused on masproduction and their creations tend to be of a bigger size than NATO airships.

Not trying to set anyone up btw.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yesterday it started calming down. Protesters even left government buildings and started taking away the barricades. Today it flamed up to the new level. 10 casualties have been reported so far.