hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
We're so fucking entitled here in the US.

1118980.gif

Reactions: Kennedy

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
YOU HAVE OPENED MY EYES TO THE WORLD THANK YOU BASED DRUM
Thank you for taking this matter seriously. Please look into it, it's seriously messed up, moreso than the regular '3 killed in car bomb explosion in Iraqistan'.

I've been following it, it's pretty fucked up
Another pretty sick shit, they lifted the ban on being able to use water guns in cold weather
http://un.ua/eng/article/487124.html
I know. And enabled martial law.
It's funny how there's a restriction yet they just lift it when convenient.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's a true statement. Did I make you look outside of your comfort zone?
No, the saying has lost its meaning because to many dumb little kids use it now and most don't even know what it really means anyway

Basically it's become a joke, and is used to root out people that don't actually know anything

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
No, the saying has lost its meaning because to many dumb little kids use it now and most don't even know what it really means anyway

Basically it's become a joke, and is used to root out people that don't actually know anything
Explain your logic, please. Show me what you know, because I apparently don't know anything.

Seriously. I'm enthused as to what you think 'knowing something' is defined as.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Explain your logic, please. Show me what you know, because I apparently don't know anything.
From what I've seen it's not something that can be learned or taught, it's something that's gained through experience.
Some people take less time to figure it out while some can go their whole lives without ever knowing anything different.

Regardless of any of this it's still disheartening seeing what's happening over there (But I do really dig their wall of smoke they made)

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Perhaps there is this thing called common sense. Perhaps I can think for myself and I know how good I have it in the US. Perhaps thats why I live here and have no real desire to vacate to another country

NAHHH THATS JUST CRAZY TALK

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
What did this all start over anyway
This is all from the top of my head, may not be 100% correct.
> people are mad after politicians back out of deal with EU, instead they go with Russia (without telling anyone first)
> Russia wants Ukraine to be their ally, and not join the EU
> Russia supports them, does stuff like cut Russian gas station prices 50% as a gesture.
> citizens (not all, but enough for protests) want to get rid of the corrupt politicians and join up with the EU

and now it has escalated, with martial law being enacted, water cannons in the freezing weather, Ukrainian activists disappearing from hospitals, and general violence, etc.

Last edited:

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Perhaps there is this thing called common sense. Perhaps I can think for myself and I know how good I have it in the US. Perhaps thats why I live here and have no real desire to vacate to another country

NAHHH THATS JUST CRAZY TALK
I never said US was bad? I meant to say we have a lot of things for granted.
We sit cozy and comfortable when stuff like this happens all over. And what our government is doing currently, is not to be taken lightly. Just because we're better than a lot of countries does NOT mean everything that is happening is okay. That is faulty logic. Bad stuff is bad stuff, regardless of what government or country it happens in.

From what I've seen it's not something that can be learned or taught, it's something that's gained through experience.
Some people take less time to figure it out while some can go their whole lives without ever knowing anything different.

Regardless of any of this it's still disheartening seeing what's happening over there (But I do really dig their wall of smoke they made)
You lack logic, because you seem to be making posts simply to be contrary to whatever I say. Logic.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Today first casualties were reported - 2 people where shot by Ukrainian S.W.A.T (we call it "Berkut" which translates to "Golden Eagle").

Also, what sucks on Monday the government passed a set of anti-democratic laws by "manual" voting (completely fucking blatant falsification) which allows government to control an Internet (basically, SOPA), to control a cell providers, which severely restrict human rights. Read HERE.

In two words - it's FUCKED UP. You may consider civil war in Ukraine to be started: East vs. West.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I always find it sad when the police / military are pitted against their fellow countrymen.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I always find it sad when the police / military are pitted against their fellow countrymen.
Well, on one hand - that's what the police/military should do - they should follow orders from their commanders. On the other hand, our Constitution says that you are allowed to ignore an order if it's anti-constitutional or unlawful.

Reactions: Fang

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Shit has been going on for more than a month already, US has basically just started to pick up on it. Outside media sources (such as other countries on Easter Europe) have been reporting this sort of action for a while already. The casualties reported today aren't the first occurrences. Crazy how the government is responding this way to a plan that is much better for the Ukrainian people.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Shit has been going on for more than a month already, US has basically just started to pick up on it. Outside media sources (such as other countries on Easter Europe) have been reporting this sort of action for a while already. The casualties reported today aren't the first occurrences. Crazy how the government is responding this way to a plan that is much better for the Ukrainian people.
They follow the money. Russia must be giving them some sort of sweet deal.
Yeah it started in late November, but it's just now getting much more serious.

Well, on one hand - that's what the police/military should do - they should follow orders from their commanders. On the other hand, our Constitution says that you are allowed to ignore an order if it's anti-constitutional or unlawful.
Yeah it's a rough situation. I feel like it's contextual, and sometimes they're right, sometimes they're not.