Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
The game is tempting. Tell me, does it follow a single narrative throughout the entire game? Or does it use the Left 4 Dead system of having seperate campaigns?

BadGuy

Server-Clearing Cynic
The way the game works is you can play it single or co-op, but its the same story. The world itself is huge, with tech trees for skills n shit. the way co-op works (currently) is you have to be in the exact spot as your friend in game, the game will then prompt you if you want to join his game. Its broken as fuck. Hamachi is the way to go if you want to play with people, you can't even join them in game like you can in TF2. Guns are actually scarce, the combat systems all about melee. Also building new weapons such as ones that can shock or burn, and i bet there are katanas in there as well. It gives you a common sense approach of how a zombie invasion WOULD happen and how people with little to no ammunition would react.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Really good point about guns being secondary, that is realistic. Although I love auto-shotguns being right next to a carousel in L4D2, I do like the realism aspect.

Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I was just playing it, I really like it, but FUCK it lags.
Anyone knows when the patch is coming out?
I was playing MP with a few friends, the connection seemed pretty stable, we did a very good run, but my computer crashed once, and the game twice :c

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
From what I've read, Hamachi is handy if you wanna play multiplayer.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Like the Article says, people should wait an Month or 2 until Dead Island has recieved all the Patches it needs to be stable.

Sparky

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I've gotten it on xbox 360 due to my computer being dogshit... and i've only have the lightning bolt crash happen to me twice (look it up if you dont know what im talkin about) i've REALLY enjoyed it its a great game and i'm a big fan of the leveling system and the more melee then shooting combat

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
PS3 is bullshit. I bought it to play with Airakah, and you LITERALLY can't connect two people. Can't join public games, can't leave your game open for people to find... Ridiculous. Only time I did multiplayer was with some guy who magically joined my game.
And I'm not digging the lack of weapons at all. Scrounging around for a fucking piece of wood is retarded; the weapons should have been made far more durable, or at least there should be better access to bladed weapons than there are.

Still only in the beginning, haven't even found a gun yet, so whatever...

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
PS3 is bullshit. I bought it to play with Airakah, and you LITERALLY can't connect two people. Can't join public games, can't leave your game open for people to find... Ridiculous. Only time I did multiplayer was with some guy who magically joined my game.
And I'm not digging the lack of weapons at all. Scrounging around for a fucking piece of wood is retarded; the weapons should have been made far more durable, or at least there should be better access to bladed weapons than there are.

So Dead Island is the Retarded Cousin of Left 4 Dead?

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So Dead Island is the Retarded Cousin of Left 4 Dead?
:challenge:
Dead Island is a sandbox game with quests and exp, L4D is not. Also, the game is melee-based and the melee works well in the game, unlike in L4D. Pretty much the only thing in common with these two games is ZOMBIES.

Sparky

Contributor

You can level up the durability of weapons in your skill tree at about act III you'll have more weapons then you know what to do with
and in act IV is when you first encounter guns.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
My save has been erased on PS3 5 times now. Like, I get from level 8 to 18, shut off PS3, back to 8. Trophies and autosave doesn't register. So friggin' angry.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't give a shit about hype. I stopped going to gaming websites and reading game magazines, so now I'll just get a game without any ridiculous expectations.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Well Dead Island has a DLC upcoming. Hopefully they can fix their Shit before they have to go patching the DLC.

Sparky

Contributor
Thats werid that your data is being deleted CiniC i have had no problem with it so far but mines on 360 so idk...

Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I have to admit that my computer kept on overheating when I was playing it, but yesterday I opened the side of my comp, put a bigass fan next to me, and I was playing online with 2 friends, one in New York and one in Las Vegas, and everything went smooth as can be
Though I still want that patch D:

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
My save has been erased on PS3 5 times now. Like, I get from level 8 to 18, shut off PS3, back to 8. Trophies and autosave doesn't register. So friggin' angry.
the game is pretty fucking buggy