Which one requires more skill?

• Total voters

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Which game do you think require more skill?

If you've played both, both are somewhat hard. If you play cs:s professionally it is incredibly hard, I can't kill people for shit. My brother plays professional cs:s and even he says it's really hard. Cs:s has spread, so it's nothing like tf2. You can't spray across the map and every shot will hit, you have to burst from a distance. But in my opinion, i think tf2 and cs:s are both equally hard.

If you're wondering why I put this in general it's because I didn't know whether to put in tf2 or counter strike source

(cs:s = counter strike source)

inb4fanboys

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
TF2 requires longer battles than 1 shot 1 kill, CS:S is more reaction time because of the practically 1 hp you have

Yeah, I sorta agree with your second point. In cs:s you have to play on your instincts, for example you need to listen to the footsteps so you can tell where they are etc. Once a professional or really good player see's you, chances are you're dead before you can turn around.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
TF2 has superior movement and teamwork involved

Scout movement, scout aim, rocket jumping, airshots, sticky jumping, ubercharge calculating, "Scout and Roaming solider commit to backcap while we uber to save 2nd point", ton of strategy and potential strategy, role to fulfil in a team

On the other hand, CSS, tons of hours needed to work out recoil on all weapons, twitch aim, reaction times, not so much movement skill involved, listening for footsteps .
but 2 players A and 2 players B is not a strategy.

CSS is harder but TF2 has team based strategy which is everything looking from it as a esports vantage.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This is now in the TF2 and CounterStrike sections.

SCOTTY, NEAT ME UP

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
TF2 requires longer battles than 1 shot 1 kill, CS:S is more reaction time because of the practically 1 hp you have
This.

Not to mention that TF2 have such diverse classes, whereas CS:S guns are practically the same, with the exception of shotguns.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This.

Not to mention that TF2 have such diverse classes, whereas CS:S guns are practically the same, with the exception of shotguns.

Not really all the guns are the same, There's only 4 guns in the entire game which are completely utter shit, and require no skill at all. But I still think tf2 and cs:s are somewhat equal

Asad Mahmood

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I have played both games for a while they both require some level of skill that is unique to both games. like in TF2 you don't have much recoil or anything but you always have to play as a team, an individual can not take the whole team on his own. However in Counter Strike an individual player can change the game even if the rest of the team is normal like if there is a good awper on one of the teams it is a big advantage. One of the things that make Counter Strike harder is the inability to gain health, in TF2 you can easily grab health pack or call a medic, but in CS if your health is low you have to be careful and make sure you kill the other person before he kills you. Both games require skill but TF2 has more to do with team play than with skill compared to CSS because when i started playing counter strike it took me a while to get used to the recoil and everything but it did not take me that long to get good on TF2.

Just my opinion though. :)

Shaohs

Scarcely Lethal Noob
TF2 Is about teamwork
And CS Is about killing people?
But at least CS is just as good as TF2, Or than Activision would be taking over right now

P Lash

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Obviously Counter-Strike. Though I suspect TF2 is gonna get more votes due to this thread being posted on a TF2 based site.

Asad Mahmood

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The main reason people play such an old game (CS 1.6) is that it is challenging and requires more skill than other FPS

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
TF2 Is about teamwork
And CS Is about killing people?
But at least CS is just as good as TF2, Or than Activision would be taking over right now

TF2 is also generally about killing people, while CSS is also about teamwork. They are both FPSes, what else are you supposed to do other than kill?