Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Edit: (Should of put this in.) I think there should be a line that people should not cross. If they are going to far and cross that line, they should be taken care of in some manner.

I know this would be a hard thing to take care of on all the servers, due to that this is the internet and this stuff happens all the time. To me, how people act on the servers is important to new comers. If you go on a server and see there is alot of jerks or bullies on the server, chances are you might not come back. I do not know if this has been ever suggested bu maybe some form of this could happen?

Again, I know this could be a hard thing to calm down, but the players do effect how the server looks, and Skial is meant to be a fun place to play Team Fortress 2 (or any other game.) Just a thought that sometimes people can go very overboard on servers, witch can lead to problems for other players also.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
There is a command to ignore players chat in command, i forgot it. I think its /ignore [name][#steamid][#playerid]

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, but if people are getting upset about people being "mean" over an online game then they shouldn't be playing it to begin with. In fact they shouldn't even be online. This game is rated M.

We do not and will not ban people for being mean to other people. It would be very hard to determine that border and we shouldn't be doing it anyway.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh well, thanks for your time guys. It was just a thought but I see where problems could be placed with it.

hooplah523

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
what might be the reasoning behind the /ignore command not working properly? sometimes it works and blocks the person in chat AND voice, but most of the time it just mutes them ;_;

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
what might be the reasoning behind the /ignore command not working properly? sometimes it works and blocks the person in chat AND voice, but most of the time it just mutes them ;_;

If I remember correctly, I think Bottiger said it was due to one of their plugins breaking it and there's no way to fix it

That's what I remember hearing anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.