• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I already got a list of people waiting to enter so yes, there are people who are going to enter. I don't see why you have to say it's a bad idea and shit on it if you don't want to enter. Just don't enter.

Because I can voice my opinion on it ????
Let him do what he wants. If no one joins then no one joins. If people are ok with him getting keys then that is their decision and let it be. No one is forcing you to participate.

(You should stop responding though.)
Fuckin fascists

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Let him do what he wants. If no one joins then no one joins. If people are ok with him getting keys then that is their decision and let it be. No one is forcing you to participate.

(You should stop responding though.)
If you seem to defend the idea then why don't you give him keys?

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
People gave me keys to try and beat me in a Huntsman battle. People give others keys all the time to enter raffles and contests. I don't see why you have to complain and shit on this if you aren't going to enter. If you don't like it, then just don't enter. It's still going to happen regardless.
I already got a list of people waiting to enter so yes, there are people who are going to enter. I don't see why you have to say it's a bad idea and shit on it if you don't want to enter. Just don't enter.
Most contests I have ever entered required no entry fee, and relied on skill. The only contest I ever remember having to pay to enter was something that was for charity. It doesn't sit right with me because it's a pay to enter contest of opinion. It's something extremely easy to capitalize on, especially when you have gullible people who don't know any better. They'll be judged by three people based on opinion after handing over a key (a key to enter a costume contest, really?) with a chance of profiting off of it. The prizes are cool, but no matter what, there will be people who lost an entire key based on an opinionated game that sounds like Hat Day from Jailbreak.

The only reason I'm criticizing this is because this is fucking hilarious and I hope someone sees this before they decide to enter and waste a key.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1st place - 5 keys
2nd place - 4 keys
3rd place - 3 keys
Change your prizes. My suggestion would be:
1st place- 50% of submitted keys
2nd place- 30% of submitted keys
3rd place- 20% of submitted keys
Give away the whole pot with all of your prizes, offer to let people give you tips if they enjoy the contest, and make the contest cover something that would cause less bias and gives opinions less weight if you seriously want better approval with this.
My 2cents.

Reactions: Toxik

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Am I the only one thinking this can be abused with just some simple favoritism of players? Or maybe bribes? I feel that there will be something behind the scenes if this was a thing. And it wont be good.

Vincenzo

Positively Inhumane Poster
Entree fee is one key and I will also be selecting at least 3 judges for this monthly contest.

Caveat Emptor for sure, any contest that you pay to enter only to have your odds being weighed solely on a supposed outside parties' opinion can easily be a scam. Based on the fact that the person profiting from this is picking the judges, it can not be ignored that this could possibly be a plot for contest rigging, but that's just my two cents. These judges can also be biased towards certain entrants.

It has been repeated many times in this thread, but I must say that it would be very wise for anyone considering to join this potential scam to steer clear of it.

Vincenzo

Positively Inhumane Poster
Am I the only one thinking this can be abused with just some simple favoritism of players? Or maybe bribes? I feel like under the table payments/plays would be done with this.
You beat me to it while I was writing the post above, this can definitively be abused as it is based on a judges "opinion", which can obviously be swayed due to favoritism or a bribe.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Anyone who enters this contest deserves to be scammed. I really hope no one takes this idea as legit.