• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hello everyone. I am going to start hosting a cosmetics contest every month. Now, it isn't just some regular old cosmetics contest. The theme will change every month and will last a week at most. Entree fee is one key and I will also be selecting at least 3 judges for this monthly contest. I will also ask for help from a trusted middleman on Skial to handle all entry fees and prizes until the contest for that month is over. For this month, it will be Thanksgiving themed. Anything you can think of whether it's Native Americans, turkeys, pilgrims, any of that stuff. Here is the list of prizes.

1st place - 5 keys
2nd place - 4 keys
3rd place - 3 keys

All that is required is a comment from you. I will be making a separate thread later on. Your comment needs a link to your Steam profile, a picture of whatever class and cosmetics set you have, and a confirmation from whichever Skial middleman will want to help. You cannot enter twice so please, don't try. And last of all, the amount of keys for the prizes will increase each month if it gets more popular. Again, anyone can enter and I will be making a Steam group if necessary so that more people can join since I know that it can sometimes be a pain to get an account on here. The contest will last a week starting the 11th and I, one of the other judges, or the Skial middleman will send the winners a PM and give them the keys once the contest is over. Good luck and if anyone wants to be a judge, send me a PM. If a Skial middleman can also PM me, that would be awesome.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I personally feel like this should only be at the approval and to the benefit of Skial. There's room for lots of bias and negative repercussions. Of course this isn't up to me but it is conceivably against Steam's Online Conduct Rules;
You Will Not:
  • Use Steam in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Steam has never reprimanded someone for doing any kind of contest on TF2 to my knowledge so I doubt they would be against this. As for Skial, who is against it? I don't see a reason why it'd be bad in any way to do this contest, though.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Just seems to me like you'd be using Skial to conceivably make quite a bit of clout doing pretty much nothing with no one to regulate it AND you'd be using our resources and reputation without any benefit to us. Like, riding on the coattails of a popular community doesn't make a shady-ass costume contest any less shady.

Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes

Toxik

Contributor
It would be different if all the keys were redistributed to the winners so that you wouldn't be making a profit off of these. But if 15 people enter and you only give out 12 keys, then you're making a profit and that's not going to end well

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I wouldn't be the only person making profit. Anyone else who wants to help out with the contest(like judge and/or skial middleman) would also get profit from it. Plus, we wouldn't be getting that much anyways. If tons of people join in, then most of the keys entered goes towards the prizes. I was planning on having the ones who do make profit only make 2 keys at most for each contest anyways. Not like 5 or more.

Blaze Zorah

Uncharitable Spy
It would be different if all the keys were redistributed to the winners so that you wouldn't be making a profit off of these. But if 15 people enter and you only give out 12 keys, then you're making a profit and that's not going to end well

I honestly have to agree with Toxik, I don't see why you would even need to make profit from it? It's a contest, all you have to do is go "oh hey, I like this the best" which really isn't anything worth getting 3, 4, or who know how many keys for?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
"The goyim have caught onto my brilliant plan to achieve more Jew gold! Oyyyy vey, how am I supposed to pay for my Bar Mitzvah?!"

-(Probably Renegade)

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
"The goyim have caught onto my brilliant plan to achieve more Jew gold! Oyyyy vey, how am I supposed to pay for my Bar Mitzvah?!"

-(Probably Renegade)
"(Well
tumblr_mmcyahvyGu1qfvy6ho1_250.gif
or something)"

Don't quote me on that.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't see why it's an issue for me and others to make profit. If the winners also make profit from entering the contest and winning, then what's the issue? They win, get keys, and so do the people who made it possible. Tons of people and groups do this on other communities. Either way, still gonna host it. Take part in it or not, I don't care.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I don't see why it's an issue for me and others to make profit. If the winners also make profit from entering the contest and winning, then what's the issue? They win, get keys, and so do the people who made it possible. Tons of people and groups do this on other communities. Either way, still gonna host it. Take part in it or not, I don't care.

I'm honestly laughing right now because you honestly expect people to give you fucking keys in order to enter a contest for a CHANCE to win, while you still hold onto keys that weren't put into the prize pool DEFINITELY. That's hilarious, have fun being the only person to enter your contest.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People gave me keys to try and beat me in a Huntsman battle. People give others keys all the time to enter raffles and contests. I don't see why you have to complain and shit on this if you aren't going to enter. If you don't like it, then just don't enter. It's still going to happen regardless.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
People gave me keys to try and beat me in a Huntsman battle. People give others keys all the time to enter raffles and contests. I don't see why you have to complain and shit on this if you aren't going to enter. If you don't like it, then just don't enter. It's still going to happen regardless.

Not if no one enters lol
And people are giving you shit cuz it's a pretty bad idea

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I already got a list of people waiting to enter so yes, there are people who are going to enter. I don't see why you have to say it's a bad idea and shit on it if you don't want to enter. Just don't enter.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Let him do what he wants. If no one joins then no one joins. If people are ok with him getting keys then that is their decision and let it be. No one is forcing you to participate.

(You should stop responding though.)