• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Should these Games be unbanned? (Read the Post First)

• I Have A Question About This / For You

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Haruka

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Uh Hello My Name Is Anthony Also Known as Haruka on steam i have been on skial for about 2 years and i absolutely enjoy playing on their servers about august last year i had to get off of tf2 cause i was moving up until now this year and month i have gotten back on and have been enjoying my time at skial until i came across a problem...

Certain Fun Gamemodes that make an ordinary jailbreak server exciting and amazing have been banned and i have a few questions id like to ask...
Why is Gamemodes such as
Zooday
Opinionated Games (Where your vote matters it works with games such as hat day and joke day where reds and if possible blues votes count in a game where that vote if somones hat is the ugliest or most amazing)
Joke Day
Hat Day
Pokemon
Hide n' Seek
First Reaction Last Reaction
Simon Says
Name Game (As in renaming the red prisoners to something else as in "all reds are called sharks" and if the warden says reds to the line and they go they get killed cause he didint say sharks yes i know it isnt specifically a game but it seems important nonetheless)
Warday
Hungergames

Also a non gamemode but i questioned why is it removed

LR is Freeday but its invalid cause you can only pick 2 people for fd not the whole round Freeday

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Uh Hello My Name Is Anthony Also Known as Haruka on steam i have been on skial for about 2 years and i absolutely enjoy playing on their servers about august last year i had to get off of tf2 cause i was moving up until now this year and month i have gotten back on and have been enjoying my time at skial until i came across a problem...

Certain Fun Gamemodes that make an ordinary jailbreak server exciting and amazing have been banned and i have a few questions id like to ask...
Why is Gamemodes such as
Zooday
Opinionated Games (Where your vote matters it works with games such as hat day and joke day where reds and if possible blues votes count in a game where that vote if somones hat is the ugliest or most amazing)
Joke Day
Hat Day
Pokemon
Hide n' Seek
Simon Says
Name Game (As in renaming the red prisoners to something else as in "all reds are called sharks" and if the warden says reds to the line and they go they get killed cause he didint say sharks yes i know it isnt specifically a game but it seems important nonetheless)
Warday
Hungergames

LR is Freeday but its invalid cause you can only pick 2 people for fd not the whole round Freeday
Opinionated games were banned because wardens were abusing them to give their friends LR, for example automatically saying they liked their best friend's hat best, killing everyone else, then giving them LR.
Most of the other games were banned because they got too confusing and most times ended up with freekilling or being used as an excuse to freekill, especially Simon Says, Name Game and Pokemon.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I agree the games are fun... When everyone plays them properly. The problem is those games caused more problems than good. It was a pain in the ass and isn't worth monitoring it again

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Why is Gamemodes such as
Zooday
Joke Day
Hat Day
Pokemon
Hide n' Seek
Simon Says
Warday
Hungergames

I don't hang around Jailbreak very often anymore but I can answer some of your questions.

The reason why opinionated games ended up banned is because they allowed the warden to favor their friends over other players, and right before it was banned a few select players used it as an excuse to freekill. Joke Day fell into this since it's also opinionated.

Warday is banned, so games like Pokemon fell into that. I would love to have warday as an option but the server does not have a plugin for that, and I don't recall it being suggested.

Hide n Seek I'm pretty sure was also banned because wardens used it as an excuse to freekill.

Simon Says ended up banned because wardens started doing misspellings to trick players and at times the warden did this accidentally and it typically ended in mass confusion and lots of people dying. Renaming RED team fell into this because of the misspelling bullshit some players were pulling.

Whole round FDs were removed because it screwed over the warden next round. They ended up limited it to two people for a LR FD because anymore than that ended up turning chaotic.

The games made it fun when they were played right. But sadly when a few users get a bad idea it tended to spread and cause more harm than good. It would be nice to have these games around again, but then we'd have a crazy amount of reports coming from jailbreak about freekilling all over again.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Imo, allowing opinionated games on the basis of them not being mandatory could be a good compromise.

For example, a Warden can do a hat day and those who are willing to participate can. Those unwilling to participate can be ordered to do something else.

A old CSS jailbreak server I played some years back did this and it worked out quite well. This way you can have opinionated games but those who don't want to do it don't have to.

Reactions: Meowrisa

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Imo, allowing opinionated games on the basis of them not being mandatory could be a good compromise.

For example, a Warden can do a hat day and those who are willing to participate can. Those unwilling to participate can be ordered to do something else.

A old CSS jailbreak server I played some years back did this and it worked out quite well. This way you can have opinionated games but those who don't want to do it don't have to.
You would need some type of waiver or something for those participating in the opinion games, otherwise they could still report for freekilling, and put you right back where you started. Good idea though, I would support it

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You would need some type of waiver or something for those participating in the opinion games, otherwise they could still report for freekilling, and put you right back where you started. Good idea though, I would support it

I figure a note in the rules about it would be enough

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

On another Jailbreak server I used to play on they had only one map, and that map had a room that REDs could wait in if they didn't want to do an opinionated game.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
On another Jailbreak server I used to play on they had only one map, and that map had a room that REDs could wait in if they didn't want to do an opinionated game.
Well, I actually have a proposal around that idea. If it is possible, you could have a little section of the map that red team could go into, and the door locked behind them. if it is possible, you could then turn on friendly fire, and have an arena mode going on, and after a player got a kill, they could get a primary weapon for that class.

You could actually create a whole new game mode from this. Sort of like a hungergames mode. Maybe a bit silly, but just trying to get the juices flowing

Meowcenary's idea of having them do another game mode is good as well.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, I actually have a proposal around that idea. If it is possible, you could have a little section of the map that red team could go into, and the door locked behind them. if it is possible, you could then turn on friendly fire, and have an arena mode going on, and after a player got a kill, they could get a primary weapon for that class.

You could actually create a whole new game mode from this. Sort of like a hungergames mode. Maybe a bit silly, but just trying to get the juices flowing

Meowcenary's idea of having them do another game mode is good as well.
Having a room where you can lock people in spells nothing but trouble. This other server had a room with no door or anything and it worked just fine. I've already had more than enough rounds where I've been stuck in Crush Game or whatever because the warden died and the guards don't bother with opening the door.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Having a room where you can lock people in spells nothing but trouble. This other server had a room with no door or anything and it worked just fine. I've already had more than enough rounds where I've been stuck in Crush Game or whatever because the warden died and the guards don't bother with opening the door.
I havent really ever played jailbreak but I see your point. I was thinking the players would be smart enough to only go in there when the opinion games happen, but I guess a warden could grief and tell players to go in there as a joke, then lock them in. My idea could be adjusted to better fit the rules, I was just stating a plain idea.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Opinionated games and easily-manipulated games were banned because certain regulars were using them to give friends freeday, and then people who were upset about it tried to get those regulars banned.
They were just more trouble than they're worth, so I banned them with the consent of a few other jailbreak admins when I was a admin. I dont think they should come back.