Yaaaaas

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It is slightly annoying, this is the error I get from my even viewer when I look it up, help would be nice.
- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
EventID 41
Version 2
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000000000000002
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-12-28T23:53:19.995621900Z
EventRecordID 16113
Correlation
-
Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8
Channel System
- Security
-
EventData
BugcheckCode
BugcheckParameter1 0xffffffffc0000005
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff8800459f193
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff88006c55698
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff88006c54ef0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Could be memory, power or overheating with that event ID. I am sure more vested computer doods will be able to give a more detailed answer.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
It is slightly annoying, this is the error I get from my even viewer when I look it up, help would be nice.
- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
EventID 41
Version 2
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000000000000002
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-12-28T23:53:19.995621900Z
EventRecordID 16113
Correlation
-
Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8
Channel System
- Security
-
EventData
BugcheckCode
BugcheckParameter1 0xffffffffc0000005
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff8800459f193
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff88006c55698
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff88006c54ef0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
Event ID 41 is most likely an issue with your power supply unit.

Yaaaaas

Scarcely Lethal Noob
GsUVXVe.png

My graphics card is Radeon HD 5900 Series
Right now I cannot get to my PSU for a few reasons but I will tell you in a few hours.

Yaaaaas

Scarcely Lethal Noob
When I said system build I meant the specific parts, sorry for any confusion.
Well, in simple terms I know it is not my power supply unit, it is letting off enough watts etc so don't worry about that. Are you even asking for minor stuff like my keyboard, screen etc or just things like motherboard.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
Well, in simple terms I know it is not my power supply unit, it is letting off enough watts etc so don't worry about that. Are you even asking for minor stuff like my keyboard, screen etc or just things like motherboard.
Motherboard. Video card. RAM. CPU. Hard Drive. That stuff. The big stuff.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
During gameplay, I got new RAM, new screen and a new keyboard recently.
When you added RAM did you match what you already had? I have never had problems but supposedly RAM is so finicky that you are actually supposed to never add RAM when upgrading but completely replace it to the amount you want. I realize this isn't resonable but but I guess sticks that are manufactured in the same batch work best together. And at the very least you should match brands.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
When you added RAM did you match what you already had? I have never had problems but supposedly RAM is so finicky that you are actually supposed to never add RAM when upgrading but completely replace it to the amount you want. I realize this isn't resonable but but I guess sticks that are manufactured in the same batch work best together. And at the very least you should match brands.
I think the main issue is when they are of different speeds, or different DDR versions (But im assuming he's not dumb enough to get the wrong DDR)

I have a 4gb stick from corsair and then 2gb from a no name manufacturer. They haven't presented me any problems as of yet

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Do what Psycho... Ohh right

Post your blue screen error.

Also, event id 41 means your computer shut down unexpectedly. It doesn't mean a bad power supply.

Yaaaaas

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Alright, I have found out that this bluescreen does happen when I'm out of game. Also with the RAM sticks I replaced, I replaced the whole batch of them with a set of corsair ones which also have the same Voltage as my old ones so the problem shouldn't be having different RAM since well, the whole set in my computer is exactly the same lol. I will make sure to screenshot my bluescreen next time.

Edit: This may sound stupid but I can't actually remember the names of my motherboard I have purchased. RAM = Corssair XMS 3 12GB, Graphics Card = Radeon 5900 HD Series, CPU = Intel i7 920. Obviously using Windows. Hardrive just some random 1 Terra byte one, can't remember the name.

Last edited:

Diggs

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
New RAM doesn't make it good RAM especially with the stress of gaming. I would guess it is your memory (which is the cause of most BSDs). I have seen quite a few new sticks that are bad over the years (Crucial used to be notorious for this). Put your old memory (or different) back in and try. If that isn't an option, run one stick at a time until you find which one it might be. Also - Stress test them with a memory program and see what happens.

(My $.02......)