Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Could you auto-colour whoever is the warden to like yellow or purple so other blue players and prisoners can tell who he is? It's fairly hard to tell who the warden is when he looks like all of the other guards and has no distinct difference to them

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
What are the exact benefits of the warden being different a color.

Well, like he said, prisoners can know.
For example, let's say there is prisoner A and pris B
Warden could say "Crouch and face the back wall" while inside of the cell of inmate A
At the same time there is another guard inside the cell with inmate B
Inmate B thinks it's the warden talking to him, because he can't tell the difference. He does what the warden says, but the guard kills him, because "he felt threatened, because he turned around too quickly" or some shit like that.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Look at the first page
Jeez

I just did.
All you've said is "So we can tell the difference"
WHY DO WE NEED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
Because sometimes people rebel but don't want to end up killing the guard, forcing a freeday. This suggestion would work great if a co-warden can take charge after warden died.
I'm assuming by "the guard" you mean warden.
And that is a pretty shitty reason. That would never happen, no one is gonna go "Oh shit, that guy is warden? Better not kill him and get freeday."
All this suggestion would do is make more freedays.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Realistically I can see this doing two things:

1. Making the warden identifiable which will help with certain orders (such as the warden saying "follow me", everyone will know who he is exactly so they're not trying to figure out which mercenary is the warden)

2. Making it much easier to target the Warden meaning the Wardens are likely going to die more because everyone knows who he is from the very start. People will know to focus their fire on the odd colored guy

I could see #2 possibly causing a balance problem, especially considering there's only one warden per round. Other Jailbreak servers I've seen usually give the players the ability to become a warden during the middle of the round if the original warden died but that's not the case here.

So I dunno how this could play out

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1. Making the warden identifiable which will help with certain orders (such as the warden saying "follow me", everyone will know who he is exactly so they're not trying to figure out which mercenary is the warden)

"Follow X" is a very rare order, and when it is said it is usually "Follow the heavy with the [HAT] and [WEAPON]"

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I just did.
All you've said is "So we can tell the difference"
WHY DO WE NEED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

I'm assuming by "the guard" you mean warden.
And that is a pretty shitty reason. That would never happen, no one is gonna go "Oh shit, that guy is warden? Better not kill him and get freeday."
All this suggestion would do is make more freedays.

If you wish to continue this argument quote me in unmod.
Read the first page again

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
In response to the confusing rating I received...
I don't fucking know how much simpler I can make it, I used digital legos and pixlr to draw it for you.
Big image
WGpx.png

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
the thing is, that wouldn't happen. To explain why I'd have to explain the entire mode to you.
Please don't post until you play jailbreak.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Warden has csay priviledges. You are acting like text is displayed over players heads..

Would you kindly please refrain from posting about jailbreak as you clearly do not know it well enough to be making any sort of suggestions.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Stop saying this for the love of David Letterman, you don't need to be on Jailbreak 24/7 to understand how it works. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT GOES ON IN THAT SERVER.

I do, why? I play it.
Why should people who never/barely play it come on and say "YEA THIS SHOULD TOTALLY BE IN HERE"

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i'll ask the question properly
Give us A Situation where The warden being a different Color from the Others is Useful in any way

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i'll ask the question properly
Give us A Situation where The warden being a different Color from the Others is Useful in any way

He will not give you a legit reason, he is just trolling because the only one he can think of is "So I can kill him faster"

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This idea is going to cause more trouble than it will help.
Pros:
-warden can issue more direct orders without causing confusion.
-guards know who warden is amongst them and can protect them more easily.
Cons:
-team balance is skewed since prisoners can target warden more easily as a group.
-free days will become more frequent due to above reason.
-task of surviving as warden becomes more difficult than it needs to be.
I'm gonna go ahead and say -1.
-

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
- 1 Then it's even more easier to get the warden killed. It's now already hard enough not to be recognised as warden so they don't come instantly after you... You have to keep moving to prevent tauntkilling but when you try to type you got to abbort typing for moving if you have a bad guardteam that isn't helping you to keep you safe... As Seth said with all good reasons given: it's not a good idea...