Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
End of the day, I know people like to fuck around in lobbies (god knows I'm one of them) but some people actually use it to train up for real matches. If everyone's running around throwing cleavers, pomsons and all other types of nonsense it fucks up the experience. As stated above we should be banning everything that UGC bans, and update accordingly - it's competitive play regardless of how much of a joke most people treat it as.

Disable weapons that are supposed to be disabled in UGC.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you aren't actually practicing in lobbies. The only real 'good' practice you can get is in a scrim with your whole team vs another team. playing with randoms isn't good for 'practice'

also, lobby isn't a ugc branch. you may as well ask for the esea whitelst instead of ugc. you know what the esea whitelist allows?

pretty much nothing.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you aren't actually practicing in lobbies. The only real 'good' practice you can get is in a scrim with your whole team vs another team. playing with randoms isn't good for 'practice'

also, lobby isn't a ugc branch. you may as well ask for the esea whitelst instead of ugc. you know what the esea whitelist allows?

pretty much nothing.

Lobbies in theory are supposed to be more competitive than pubs. In competition, things that are imbalanced are banned. Weapons that aren't balanced shouldn't be allowed.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Lobbies in theory are supposed to be more competitive than pubs. In competition, things that are imbalanced are banned. Weapons that aren't balanced shouldn't be allowed.
they kind of are more competive in pubs. in that you have one of each class that is agreed upon before the match. You use the comp mode to play a game. You can kick people from your lobby if you're lobby leader if you've had to deal with them greifing with teles or by failing to be credit to team.

but lobbies aren't ugc. or esea. There are no competition ladders to climb. All they do is force a format.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
they kind of are more competive in pubs. in that you have one of each class that is agreed upon before the match. You use the comp mode to play a game. You can kick people from your lobby if you're lobby leader if you've had to deal with them greifing with teles or by failing to be credit to team.

but lobbies aren't ugc. or esea. There are no competition ladders to climb. All they do is force a format.

And a lot of people use said format to practice. I understand that scrims and matches are more serious mode, but I also don't see the harm in a simple whitelist to disqualify weapons that the general community agrees are overpowered.

And by general public, I mean competitive leagues.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
And a lot of people use said format to practice. I understand that scrims and matches are more serious mode, but I also don't see the harm in a simple whitelist to disqualify weapons that the general community agrees are overpowered.

And by general public, I mean competitive leagues.

The problem is they hardly allow anything aside from the stock weaponry. I understand weapons like the phlog and pomson, but banning weapons like the Liberty Launcher and Gloves of Running Urgently, which can be easily countered, is a little ridiculous.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The problem is they hardly allow anything aside from the stock weaponry. I understand weapons like the phlog and pomson, but banning weapons like the Liberty Launcher and Gloves of Running Urgently, which can be easily countered, is a little ridiculous.

Disagree STRONGLY with the two weapons you presented as balanced. That's beside the point, I'm not saying follow an ESEA Whitelist, not once did I suggest that. I suggested the UGC one which is very limited in the scope of what it bans. Someone linked it above and I don't feel like going to get it, but only 4-5 things are banned on the list, and anything new until it can be decided if it's imbalanced.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Disagree STRONGLY with the two weapons you presented as balanced. That's beside the point, I'm not saying follow an ESEA Whitelist, not once did I suggest that. I suggested the UGC one which is very limited in the scope of what it bans. Someone linked it above and I don't feel like going to get it, but only 4-5 things are banned on the list, and anything new until it can be decided if it's imbalanced.

Fail on my part, I was thinking about the ESEA, which does ban everything.

Not saying those two weapons are balance, just easily countered. Mini-crits on the heavy, and only three rockets loaded for the soldier. Anyone that can see the disadvantages the class suffers from those weapons can punish them.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
liberty launcher allows the soldier to kill pyros and scouts much easier and the GRU shouldn't of been made.
the easiest class in the game doesn't need to be sanic

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
i have a feeling i'm going to agree with gildy for all of this.

Use whitelists for scrims and officals for your leagues.

Lobbies is just a competitive format, but honestly its not that much better than pubs.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Fail on my part, I was thinking about the ESEA, which does ban everything.

Not saying those two weapons are balance, just easily countered. Mini-crits on the heavy, and only three rockets loaded for the soldier. Anyone that can see the disadvantages the class suffers from those weapons can punish them.

Because something has counters does not make it not overpowered. The Pomson can be dodged and doesn't do as much damage up close as the default shotgun, does that make it a fair and balanced weapon? When the upsides of a weapon far outweigh the downsides, it's not balanced.

I think we're getting off topic however, the original topic is about the cleaver being banned, and I strongly support the idea to ban it, just as I would strongly support the idea to ban the new heavy minigun too.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if we have the pomson banned on the lobby servers i dont see why the cleaver can't be banned

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I didn't say they were balanced, just countered easily.

And yeah, I'm not going to argue the point of any weapons anymore. Long story short, Cleaver is over-powered and the new weapons aren't any better.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You just don't like the wep.
Seriously though, no glitches attached such as server crashes, so no point.-1.
we have the pomson banned on the lobby servers and it doesn't have any glitches that do server crashes.
the cleaver allows a scout to one shot most classes which ruins the fun of a good match