Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I can't be the only one doing this, right?

MfRFv.jpg

I'm gonna order this set of components today or tommorow. Also curious as to what kind of wiring I may need to buy if at all.
Rate/point out problems/circlejerk

Reactions: Doctor Who

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
You need a CPU cooler, can't forget that. And a monitor and cables since you told me you have a laptop currently.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You need a CPU cooler, can't forget that. And a monitor and cables since you told me you have a laptop currently.
I'll have to install a cooler later on, because my dosh is limited at the moment.

This is the monitor + keyboard I chose. Xbox controller is for dark souls and whatever console shit valve throws at us.

8Wwja.jpg

bit

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I could sell my 700~ drumkit and get a new pc, I don't play as much as I wanted to because neighbours and stuff :|

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
DVD/CD Drive, extra fans, Sata Cables, keyboard, copy of windows (unless you have a hacked version). Just a thought, you could get a quad core chip if you went AMD and still stay well within your budget. Good luck and enjoy your build! I always do.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
DVD/CD Drive, extra fans, Sata Cables, keyboard, copy of windows (unless you have a hacked version). Just a thought, you could get a quad core chip if you went AMD and still stay well within your budget. Good luck and enjoy your build! I always do.
In terms of budget, I'm up to the brim. Don't have any excess cash for buying much else, unless it's dirt cheap. I wouldn't mind switching to AMD actually, not familiar with the card specs though.
You don't have to overclock to have a gaming PC, I'd recommend 100 more watts.
600W? Seems pretty overkill for this kind of build, but I could squeeze the money out of my parts by downgrading here and there. Dunno man, I think 500W is enough.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
In terms of budget, I'm up to the brim. Don't have any excess cash for buying much else, unless it's dirt cheap. I wouldn't mind switching to AMD actually, not familiar with the card specs though.

If you swapped to AMD you'd need to change motherboards.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
AMD is a more affordable CPU. Your would have to swap boards like Viper said. Also that board you chose is quite small. It will look very tiny in that mid tower and you should make sure that card isn't too big for it, but performance wise it should be fine.

AMD Sample

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You know, I might just wait until christmas comes around and buy the rest of the set with inevitable cash from relatives. Not sure about ordering now or then, though.

Reactions: bigshula

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
500W is fine
the i3 runs pretty cool with the stock heatsink (20-30 celcius with a good case)
Try getting 8GB RAM if you can, adds about +£10 to your build

Remember good peripherals are important (mouse, keyboard, monitor, headset) so don't skimp down on them.
Other than that your build seems pretty good

If you had the budget for it get an i5 and a SSD drive as it will really improve performance and your computer experiance.