Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
For some reason, I can play on Gmod servers fine and I can play games with people on other games but on TF2, it won't find any of the servers. I've restarted my computer, my router, a bunch of stuff. It just won't connect to any servers, let alone show them on the list. Any ideas?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What happens when you try to connect?

Does it just show the small server info menu and give a "server not responding message"?

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It says "Failed to connect after 4 attempts" or something like that. And it isn't the filters. I'm right in the middle of installing it again so if it still doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It says "Failed to connect after 4 attempts" or something like that. And it isn't the filters. I'm right in the middle of installing it again so if it still doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.
When it started happening and what had changed in your network/PC setup right before it started happening?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
For some reason, I can play on Gmod servers fine and I can play games with people on other games but on TF2, it won't find any of the servers. I've restarted my computer, my router, a bunch of stuff. It just won't connect to any servers, let alone show them on the list. Any ideas?
I've had this problem in the past. I was able to fix it by reinstalling Steam, as nothing else appeared to work, not even reinstalling the game itself. A quick tip for reinstalling steam, make a copy of your Steamapps folder thats inside your Steam folder. Then after you reinstall Steam, merge the Steamapps folder back in and you won't have to re-download all your games again.