Bottiger

Administrator
1nBXf.jpg

We now have an experimental program to manually reconnect a server to Valve's item server (and probably quickplay as well).

Please report any servers that have been disconnected from the item server so we may test it out. You may do that here, in the reports section of the forum, or use the !report command in a server.

Update

The program does not work.

However we still need reports for servers that have been disconnected for a long period of time.

JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
I'm smart.

But how the hell does this work?

I guess Bottiger has either programmed or bought a program which will make the servers to try and reconnect to the item server/quickplay whenever it goes down instead of having to wait for the automatic check that the server does, which can take a while. However this is all just a guess at how it works.

Bottiger

Administrator
It works by forcing the server to reconnect.

I have had servers not reconnect for over 20 hours before I rebooted them, so Valve's auto-reconnect feature is broken.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It works by forcing the server to reconnect.

I have had servers not reconnect for over 20 hours before I rebooted them, so Valve's auto-reconnect feature is broken.

so you tell the server to shut up and get on the train? Nice

Reactions: Giildy

Bottiger

Administrator
The mailing list is useful after all.

Not really.

It was all a bunch of "you can do this shit I never tried but it sounds like it would work, it was hard to do so I never tried it" or "my tf2 client is also having problems.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Not really.

It was all a bunch of "you can do this shit I never tried but it sounds like it would work, it was hard to do so I never tried it" or "my tf2 client is also having problems.
Would you have ever thought of it without the list though? :P

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Update forced Item server to go down. I noticed it was down from around 5 GMT to 6 (ish?) Item server is back up now.

Bottiger

Administrator
I should probably elaborate.

This fix can't actually fix Valve's item servers. It will only help if they are actually up, but our server somehow didn't reconnect.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, just visited Orange EU and it's not connected to item server.