GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
This is a classic case of "If it's not broken, don't fix it." This perversion of an otherwise good map is no longer unique, it's just like any other idle server. There are already tons of know glitches and shit that people don't like. For the betterment of Idle regulars and nonregulars, I think Idle should be reverted. I know it's only been one day, but please take this seriously.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
32:4

declined

Z7HeRxU.png

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Out of 38 votes, only 5 voted not to revert to the old map.

Skial admins: "D E C L I N E D"
Indeed, we hosted an impromptu tribunal and then took turns pissing on the suggestion while we drank from our chalices filled with idle regular’s tears.

Bottiger

Administrator
These people just want to be able to spawn camp in 10 seconds.

This is a 20 second example, it was much faster with sticky.

Tntcat

Mildly Menacing Medic
These people just want to be able to spawn camp in 10 seconds.

This is a 20 second example, it was much faster with sticky.

if you’re so worried about people being able to spawncamp within a few seconds, why was the capture point put below the map that instantly takes you up to box? All you have to do is wait for a bit. It's arguably easier than stickyjumping up or surfing, at least those require a little bit of effort

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Italian Doctor

Bottiger

Administrator
if you’re so worried about people being able to spawncamp within a few seconds, why was the capture point put below the map that instantly takes you up to box? All you have to do is wait for a bit. It's arguably easier than stickyjumping up or surfing, at least those require a little bit of effort
Because its not available all the time...

Armanisme

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I'm personally fine with removing rocket/sticky jumping to the top, i understand the reasoning, and although i will miss how easy and fun it was to spawn camp, i get why it was implemented. but i believe Surfing should not be nerfed, to my knowledge, i only saw a couple people on the server able to surf up to the sky base on their first try (without using a rocket jumper as a boost) after they added kill barriers on the right side of the sky base. I think, in these situations, skill SHOULD be rewarded. My suggestion is, add a way for someone to reach the skybox 'quickly', just make it a difficult thing to do, and make it something that can be done consistently, as long as the player puts in the time to learn how to do it.

I have a couple suggestions on how something like this can be done; in between both of the teleports to the current surf, add a third one; this one will take you to a course. this can either be a surf course, rocket jump course, sticky jump course, trimping, etc. where it will either strip the player to melee (for surf courses) or give the player the appropriate weapon (rocket jumper, sticky jumper, shield, etc.) to prevent someone from going to a surf section and rocket jumping to the end; this will give regulars something to work on that could replace the time they spent going to the skybox and camping, as well as encouraging a player to become better at the game, meaning that non-donators could have an opportunity to actually get a leg up over a donator, as long as they put in the time to work on it.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm personally fine with removing rocket/sticky jumping to the top, i understand the reasoning, and although i will miss how easy and fun it was to spawn camp, i get why it was implemented. but i believe Surfing should not be nerfed, to my knowledge, i only saw a couple people on the server able to surf up to the sky base on their first try (without using a rocket jumper as a boost) after they added kill barriers on the right side of the sky base. I think, in these situations, skill SHOULD be rewarded. My suggestion is, add a way for someone to reach the skybox 'quickly', just make it a difficult thing to do, and make it something that can be done consistently, as long as the player puts in the time to learn how to do it.

I have a couple suggestions on how something like this can be done; in between both of the teleports to the current surf, add a third one; this one will take you to a course. this can either be a surf course, rocket jump course, sticky jump course, trimping, etc. where it will either strip the player to melee (for surf courses) or give the player the appropriate weapon (rocket jumper, sticky jumper, shield, etc.) to prevent someone from going to a surf section and rocket jumping to the end; this will give regulars something to work on that could replace the time they spent going to the skybox and camping, as well as encouraging a player to become better at the game, meaning that non-donators could have an opportunity to actually get a leg up over a donator, as long as they put in the time to work on it.
How do I rate old

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor

If you want to have this possibly implimented, make another suggestion

Reactions: Trillium