GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
This is a classic case of "If it's not broken, don't fix it." This perversion of an otherwise good map is no longer unique, it's just like any other idle server. There are already tons of know glitches and shit that people don't like. For the betterment of Idle regulars and nonregulars, I think Idle should be reverted. I know it's only been one day, but please take this seriously.

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
There is a skilled way to get to the top, walking the invisible path, the way it was always meant to be and the way it was designed when I made the skybox 10 years ago.

>skilled way
>bottiger's 24/7 idle trade

HankusTheTankus

Banned
Contributor
Everything that people complained about short of having 10 second spawn camp again was fixed in 1 day or just plain wrong (map being too small and can't surf/jump anywhere).
just connected to the server. took 2 seconds to notice the invisible walls and lack of the train-hitch to actual above-the-map skybox. if i spend any longer here, i wonder what else i could find?

Bottiger

Administrator
just connected to the server. took 2 seconds to notice the invisible walls and lack of the train-hitch to actual above-the-map skybox. if i spend any longer here, i wonder what else i could find?

This is just plain wrong. There is no invisible wall, you don't understand the mechanism for stopping people from jumping to the skybox. It isn't an actual wall. It would take you way longer than 2 seconds to notice it as well.

The teleport to the actual 3d skybox is still there, it is just slightly changed. And it is hardly a core component of the map.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is just plain wrong. There is no invisible wall, you don't understand the mechanism for stopping people from jumping to the skybox. It isn't an actual wall. It would take you way longer than 2 seconds to notice it as well.

Guess it's just my imagination that I get stopped dead cold by an imaginary barrier entity when I try to jump down to the tractor area.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Everything that people complained about short of having 10 second spawn camp again was fixed in 1 day or just plain wrong (map being too small and can't surf/jump anywhere).

bottyboyy.png

Bottiger

Administrator
This is the first time hearing that we've been trying to mitigate spawncamping. I have direct quotes from some of your staff mentioning if spawncamping is eliminated, the server dies whether you like it or not. Look at all of the other versions out there of awesomebox that have been doctored up to prevent any sort of spawncamping and tell me they're doing well with full servers and people waiting to get on.

I am the one who resisted anti-spawn camp being added to the map. Adding spawn teleporters to the skybox was my idea.

I was the one that told the maintainers not to add anti-spawn camp like spawn uber and grenade/sticky barriers to the map. I told them not to remove the spawn teleporters.

However the ability to get to the skybox in 10 seconds is not something I ever wanted.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not that I'm defending bottiger's decision or anything, but if that were the case, then the surf server would have already died out as well, with the lack of good maps.

Surf itself is far too popular to die so quickly and there are still a decent portion of maps I've seen people acknowledge they like. Idle on the other hand has been dead for half a decade now since idling no longer grants you items. It's why idle servers are dead except for this one. It is quite honestly an absolute miracle bottiger's idle is still active given idling is long dead.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Surf itself is far too popular to die so quickly and there are still a decent portion of maps I've seen people acknowledge they like. Idle on the other hand has been dead for half a decade now since idling no longer grants you items. It's why idle servers are dead except for this one. It is quite honestly an absolute miracle bottiger's idle is still active given idling is long dead.
You can still idle, it's just harder to do so and takes a bit of setting up. A good third of the server is always afk, so I doubt they'd be sitting there for no reason.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You can still idle, it's just harder to do so and takes a bit of setting up. A good third of the server is always afk, so I doubt they'd be sitting there for no reason.
Nah most of them sit there for free credits with no effort put into it while others idle for easy hours to "look more credible".

Bottiger

Administrator
It isn't a physical wall, it just stops people from sticky/rocket jumping from there.

And it successfully stopped you from bypassing the invisible path.